I recently bought a brand new M13 and three of the footswitches were broken before I'd so much as plugged it in. It's definitely a mechanical failure, there's no clicking sound when you press them (the others all have an audible click to them).

Does the Line 6 M series have dodgy footswitches? I'm just wondering because I don't want to return this one and get another one, only to have the footswitches stop working in the middle of a show a month later.
Well, Metallica uses them, at least they did for the St Anger rehearsals. But then again, they can afford to have backups, so I guess I'm not helping much.
the switches are fine, but their construction is a little dodgy. I've heard of people having problems with them. I think if you get a unit that works properly and you take care of it you should be fine. Having to go through that one lemon sucks, but I think you'll be very happy with it once you get a good one.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've never had an issue with mine, and this is the first I've heard about anyone having issues with them really. However, I know I've seen at least one guy that does pedal mods that upgrades the switches on them, if you're really worried about it.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
They're supposed to be built like tanks.

You should probs call L6 or take it back to the store....
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON