So, I'm trying to adjust the truss rod on a Squier, but no matter how much I try, the neck won't move. For real, I tried adjusting it and I couldn't move the neck a single bit. If it helps, it was made in China.

I read somewhere that some guitars have the hole to adjust the neck at the bottom of the neck (the part that connects with the body), and I have seen some guitars that are like that, but in those guitars you could just put the allen wrench easily there (they had like a space connecting the neck pickup and the neck). Well, I also read that some strats have to be adjusted like that, but that the neck needs to be removed to adjust it, is it true? I would prefer not to remove the neck.

Have anyone experienced this with Squiers? Is there a way to adjust it? What could possibly be wrong?

PS: I have already adjusted the truss rod on some other guitars, and it was extremely easy to do.
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
Last edited by DarkLordArthur at May 22, 2011,
I had a Squier. The TR access was at the headstock, like a regular Strat. If you've already adjusted the TR, you found the access and there is no point in removing the neck (unless you have some major problems and need to remove the neck to clamp it into shape). There is only an access point at one end.

Are you trying to add relief or reduce it?

Assuming you are using the corrrect tool (ie: an allen key that fits), what happens when you turn it?
this is a situation where it's best to stop and take it to a tech for advice.

are you actually turning the adjustment bolt, or is it just not moving?

as for the adjustment point, if it looks like you adjust it from the base of the headstock, just behind the nut, then that's probably where you adjust it. the hole that houses the adjustment bolt would be filled in with a piece of rosweood, or just not there at all, if you had to adjust it at the base of the neck.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I had a squire years ago and was never able to adjust the neck either. The neck was bowed and turning the truss rod didn't do anything. Even with no strings on the guitar it was still bowed. I still have it, but haven't had strings on it for years. I guess I thought I'd replace the neck at some point.