Okay so, I've been looking up these guitar kits, where they give you all the bits you need, and you just paint the guitar and assemble it, I was wondering are there any real cons for these, aside from the obvious if-you-do-it-wrong-it-won't-work? An example of one of these kits:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Guitar-Kit-Build-your-own-electric-guitar-Tele-/260770142018?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item3cb71c9742

Also, if I replaced the pickups it came with with Fender Noiseless Tele pickups, would it sound just like a normal tele with noiseless pickups? Or would I be better off getting different pickups, or is this a bad idea all together? Thanks for the help
Well i guess that these kits are okay if you wand to wield an axe that you made yourself, but do not expect a great tone from a guitar made out of a 200 $ kit
Everything that you would expect needs to be upgraded probably does need to be upgraded. That means, pickups, electronics, and hardware.

Usually in these kits, all the money goes toward the body and neck, and everything else in the kit is the cheapest thing they could find.
Looks like a Saga kit... they aren't horrible, but aren't great. You will have a usable instrument if you build it correctly. It is valuable as a tool to learn how to properly setup a guitar. If you just slap it together it will play like a guitar someone just slapped together. Its worth more for education than an instrument.
Quote by samhell
Looks like a Saga kit... they aren't horrible, but aren't great. You will have a usable instrument if you build it correctly. It is valuable as a tool to learn how to properly setup a guitar. If you just slap it together it will play like a guitar someone just slapped together. Its worth more for education than an instrument.
yeah that was kind of one of the main reasons for it, I've wanted to build a guitar for a while but I don't really have the tools or the skill to make the body and neck itself.