Hello UG friends,

I have Ibanez RG350EX which have edge III tremolo

I'm suffering with the tremolo bar as it never stays in tune. when i bought it new i couldn't even tune it. I tune one string the other string lose the tuning and then tune it back then other string lose the tone etc with all strings.
so I tightened the back screws,

I solved the tuning problem but can't solve the tuning stability problem, once i use the whammy bar i lose the tune and can't get back to the original tune (ie. if I used the whammy bar up the tune will stay in up position even the whammy bar returns to its place and vice versa if I used it down) and even without touching the whammy bar I lose the tuning after one song. I tune the guitar perfectly before i play and after playing one song, i check the tone ... all of them doped down ...

Any suggestion for this problem ... It's new guitar and I want to keep the Edge III tremolo as I use it a lot of my playing...
I know it's common problem and hope to find the solution

Thank you all
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Fender Startocaster American Standard
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
The tuning stability problems you're having are all just the nature of floyd rose trems. They are tricky to set up. The Edge III is a horrible tremolo system as well because the knife edges wear out very quickly as the baseplate material is made out of tin cans. When the knife edges wear out, the trem will never stay in tune again, no matter what you do with it.

Have a look at this setup guide and try to do the best you can with the setup.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

It might help if you try to lubricate the knife edges with chapstick or vasoline as it will reduce knife edge friction
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 22, 2011,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Have a look at this setup guide and try to do the best you can with the setup.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

+1 read through that, follow it essentially to the letter. Edge IIIs are bad but if you set it up right it will work. Although as a tip maybe try blocking the bridge with a small block of wood or something, and then try and tune the guitar by treating the bridge like it's 'fixed'. If it's still going terribly out of tune then something's probably really wrong (or the strings aren't stretched enough even?), but if it's holding then you probably just need to set up the bridge.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
You could always just block it for the time being and save for a new tremolo, maybe an OFR, but you have to check if it fits the rout
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by kandex
You could always just block it for the time being and save for a new tremolo, maybe an OFR, but you have to check if it fits the rout
An OFR fits fine in an EDGE III rout
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
In this thead: People not reading the details.

TS said he turned the screws in the back in all the way. That means his bridge is being pulled into the body. That's why it keeps going out of tune.

TS, that "tuning problem" you had where when you tuned 1 string and the others went out of tune is what happens with floating tremolo bridges. You just have to keep going back and forth until it's in tune.

Loosen the screws in the back so the bridge is in the position like the one in that first picture you posted. Then tune the strings from the outside-in (E-e-A-B-D-G) and repeat until it's in tune.