Poll: ?
Poll Options
View poll results: ?
If someone beats me fair and square at something, he's better than me at it and I'm ok with that
70 48%
I don't like losing because I don't like the feeling of being inferior to someone else at anything
42 29%
I hate losing because most of the time I know the other person must have cheated
5 3%
I am the walrus. Coo coo c'choo.
29 20%
Voters: 146.
Page 1 of 2
We've all lost at something in our lives, everyone does. It's human nature to have imperfections, make mistakes and excell in certain places while being more or less a retard in others.

The question is always how you lose.

So members of the Pit, I ask you: Are you a good loser? Do you acknowledge the superiority of your opponent in a certain field with confidence, do you rage at your own imperfections or do you deny the fact that other people are better than you at certain things?

Pit, what kind of loser are you?
As long as the person I lose from wins in a honest way, I shall concede defeat, and have no problems with it at all. But if I lose due to foul play, or bad referee decisions etcetera, I can get really pissed.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
If someone beats me in anything, no matter if education, music or women, I always ask that person how he or she did it so maybe I could learn from that and beat that person some time later.

It's a win-win for me. Always make the best out of every situation.
I am the walrus. Coo coo c'choo, motherfucker.

I voted for the first option. I have no problem with being beaten fair and square, but if they cheat I will shit on them from a great height. That doesn't mean that I'm not competitive, because I am, but if I lose I'll not have a problem with it if it's because the better man/woman won.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Last edited by BeefWellington at May 22, 2011,
I'm a sore-winner
but a good-loser..

Except on COD with friends round and everyone screen cheats. That's the only time I get annoyed.
I lost the battle for sleep against a mosquito buzzing around my room this morning. I raged at that a little bit.

I'm generally a good loser. I respect someone who is more talented at something than myself, and will attempt to learn from where I went wrong/what I could have done better.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
In some situations, defeat is hard to accept. Those are normally the situations when I come up against someone better than me in something I fancy myself quite good at.

If it something I couldn't give a shit about it's not an issue.
If it's something I feel i'm good at then I hate losing. If I don't expect to win then I don't mind so much.

I'm very competitive and I wouldn't have it any other way. Makes the playing much more interesting.
Losing sucks, nothing more than that.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Butt Rayge
In some situations, defeat is hard to accept. Those are normally the situations when I come up against someone better than me in something I fancy myself quite good at.

If it something I couldn't give a shit about it's not an issue.

I think those are the heaviest losses you can experience. Heavy because it tears you from whatever cloud you were floating on and makes you realise that, no matter how good you are, you will always suck compared to somebody else. Humbling, insightful losses are the worst because they make you see yourself as you really are.

And nobody likes that.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I think those are the heaviest losses you can experience. Heavy because it tears you from whatever cloud you were floating on and makes you realise that, no matter how good you are, you will always suck compared to somebody else. Humbling, insightful losses are the worst because they make you see yourself as you really are.

And nobody likes that.

That's true.

I don't think I'm 'the best' at anything though, so that helps. My ego isn't so huge that a defeat would totally destroy me. I'm a firm believer of the "the more you learn, the more you realize how little you know" philosophy, so even if I get a bit headstrong sometimes I can still take a step back and think 'wait, I don't know everything, and I'm not the best at everything.'
Quote by trueamerican
So what's the story behind the thread, Ryan?

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

No, I'm serious. I'm watching it right now, and if you know the film then it's pretty obvious how the thought process towards this thread went.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

No, I'm serious. I'm watching it right now, and if you know the film then it's pretty obvious how the thought process towards this thread went.

I thought there was going to be a hilariously depressing story involved. DAY RUINED
I really don't like losing but if it's a serious thing I accept it gracefully. If i'm just playing a mate at fifa or something and I lose it's always just because he cheated duh.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
I really don't like losing but if it's a serious thing I accept it gracefully. If i'm just playing a mate at fifa or something and I lose it's always just because he cheated duh.

This completely

I hate it when people cheat in games when you try to fight then fair and square

I don't mind losing at all, but I'd rather win then lose.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I used to hate to lose at things I took pride in winning, that built my self-esteem.

Getting knocked off the pedestal of pride is a long fall.

It took me a long time to learn how to lose or fail. No-one can ever be the best at something; someone is always better, somewhere. *mutter*
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

I don't really care. Unless the winner gets all high and mighty and way too worked up about it like

"OH YEAH I BEAT YOUR ARSE BITCH, I'M MASTER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND UNHOLY AND SUPERIOR TO YOUR BEING JUST BECAUSE I BEAT YOU IN THIS STUPID ****ING GAME"

then, I'm killing otters and punching kittens
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by CoreysMonster
aww, I'm sorry.

To cheer your pathetic american ass up, here are some foxes jumping on a trampoline:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xJtH6UcQY

I would have been mollified, but your insults have enraged me even more

I NEED TO DRINK SOME BUDWEISER AND SHOOT AN ANIMAL THAT CAN'T DEFEND ITSELF! AND IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, I'M GOING TO FIGHT A BROWN PERSON!
I used to be a pretty good swimmer, but these days I really don't train a lot and I get beaten by 15 year olds from time to time. I can see why some people would lose their confidence over that, but I don't mind it at all.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
I'm usually fine with losing, unless the winner is my brother, smug bastard deserves a beating.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
What if i lose to a woman? Or does TS does not consider this a situation that could occur?

Option One, as with everyone else if its fair. Truth be told it's fine to lose sometimes, so long as you take it onboard and take that failure with you.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I'm a registered loser.

AEDIT:
Quote by trueamerican
I'M GOING TO FIGHT A BROWN PERSON!

(Invalid img)
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at May 22, 2011,
If I lose to someone who's genuinely better than me I'd be ok with it but if I get screwed over by the shit ref on FIFA or some nub drop-shotting and hiding behind corners on Call of Duty I will not be ok with it.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Sometimes I feel like I can do better or I should have done better. I use to pitch in a bunch of different baseball leagues and once I lost I always felt like I should have been able to do better or I want to try again to see if I can do better. That or, I made a small mistake once and that's why we lost. Those suck.

For the most part I usually lose because I'm just not as good as the other person. You can't really be angry if they're just better.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Well, in the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I suck at most competitive things, so I have no problem with losing. However, I still get jealous sometimes if I get "one upped" by someone at something that I do a lot, such as play guitar.
When it comes to gaming, I tend to nerdrage unless someone is clearly better than me. In real life however, I'm a good sport. I don't really make a fuss out of losing, though besides basketball matches I have never lost anything significant.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
I don't mind losing unless it was judged unfairly or the other person cheated. Most of the time I assume I'm going to lose anyway.
cat
Quote by Antis0cial
I don't really care. Unless the winner gets all high and mighty and way too worked up about it like

"OH YEAH I BEAT YOUR ARSE BITCH, I'M MASTER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND UNHOLY AND SUPERIOR TO YOUR BEING JUST BECAUSE I BEAT YOU IN THIS STUPID ****ING GAME"

then, I'm killing otters and punching kittens

This. The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.

I tend to get more pissed off at myself for doing badly than getting annoyed at the winner for doing well. They deserve to win more than me, so they did
🙈 🙉 🙊
It's okay, James van der Beek. You're looking less brown already

By the way, you're becoming one of my favorite UG'ers
Page 1 of 2