Page 1 of 2
Urban Dictionary Word of the Day: May 22nd, 2011
****ing Retrospect: A phrase used to describe the agonizing frustration of realizing that you did something you regret, and wanting to do it differently but realizing it after-the-fact. This typically occurs about 5 minutes later but the realization of such can occur years later.
This is probably one of the worst feelings people can get. That realization that you ****ed up bad, but can't go back to fix it now. I ****ed up super-hard last night, but I'll post my story after I've heard a bit from you guys.

I went drinking at a cabin telling my mother I was at a friends house, got really drunk, and slept with my brother's ex-girlfriend. Then I lost service during the night, so when my mother couldn't reach me she called my friend's house. I wasn't there, she went into a panic, and when I came home I found out that I'm now grounded until I move in about a month, and I can't hang out with any of my friends at all before I leave them. Pretty much the worst situation I've ever been in, if you can believe that.

****ing retrospect.

So Pit, what was the most regret you've ever had about an experience? What was the experience, and how long did it take for you to see you did something horribly, horribly wrong?
Last edited by Pat_s1t at May 22, 2011,
how does it work?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
When I said something in the Pit and everyone hated me for it, then I realised I didn't care and forgot by the next day.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
One time I quit my job and got rid of my earthly possessions because I thought the rapture was happening soon.

Fucking retrospect.
I got the co-op brand of macaroni and cheese instead of the Heinz variety once.

Fucking retrospect.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
I often randomly remember embarassing moments of my life that could easily have been avoided. I am haunted by these sudden bouts of shame and regret.

I regret not having been more confident in school.
I regret not having learned to manage my time properly and to defer gratification.
I regret the several incidents where I've been called stupid by bus drivers.
Not the worst experience, but certainly the most recent one.

I just sat an exam where it asked me to find the stationary points of a function. I walked out the exam 30 minutes early after finishing every question on the paper like a boss, and then screamed "OH FUCK" in the middle of a bus as I realised I only found half the bloody points I was supposed to.

I'm still agonising about it 2 days later.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
One time I quit my job and got rid of my earthly possessions because I thought the rapture was happening soon.

Fucking retrospect.

Shoulda had hindsight.
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
Not going for it. Whatever it is. Sometimes I've just been too chickenshit to go after something I want (like a girl), or to just do something. Or I've been too lazy to go out and had to deal with the amazing stories my friends told for weeks afterward
Quote by LordBishek

I just sat an exam where it asked me to find the stationary points of a function. I walked out the exam 30 minutes early after finishing every question on the paper like a boss, and then screamed "OH FUCK" in the middle of a bus as I realised I only found half the bloody points I was supposed to.

Quote by trueamerican
Not going for it. Whatever it is. Sometimes I've just been too chickenshit to go after something I want (like a girl), or to just do something. Or I've been too lazy to go out and had to deal with the amazing stories my friends told for weeks afterward
I probably should've been a lot more like you this weekend I think. Would've saved me a lot of trouble.
I once believed somebody when they said "you first" then they never did it and I ended up looking stupid

F*cking retrospect
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Not going for the girl that I had no idea had a crush on me in high school(though it was so obvious). This retrospect happened after college

Though I kinda tried to after college(after the realization that I did have feelings for her)cause she was my best friend's sister so I saw her every other day or week.

Now I don't have best friend.

And she hates me.

Dammit.
Quote by CoreysMonster

I screamed, Ryan. In the middle of the bus. Everyone was looking at me, like

"Why is that short brown guy raging?"

And. I. Didn't.Even. Care.

I was that horrified.

Also:

*FUKKEN SAVED*
Quote by LordBishek

Feeling you there. I did a case study a few weeks ago, realised a week after I submitted it that I didn't include one of my sources in the bibliography, but I cited it several times in the body. It was a paper that didn't need alot of external research, so I only used 6 sources all up. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Also sat an exam a month or so ago. 50 marks. One of the question was worth 12 marks, so a fifth of the entire exam. The course coordinator decided to mix the third year problems we'd been doing with second year pricing models, which we hadn't looked at in a year. The sneaky bugger.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Feeling you there. I did a case study a few weeks ago, realised a week after I submitted it that I didn't include one of my sources in the bibliography, but I cited it several times in the body. It was a paper that didn't need alot of external research, so I only used 6 sources all up. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Also sat an exam a month or so ago. 50 marks. One of the question was worth 12 marks, so a fifth of the entire exam. The course coordinator decided to mix the third year problems we'd been doing with second year pricing models, which we hadn't looked at in a year. The sneaky bugger.

Aw, I fucking hate it when that happens, my stupid lecturers mix shit from other subjects in with theirs, and it's all I can do not to beat them to death with their own lecture notes
Quote by LordBishek

I screamed, Ryan. In the middle of the bus. Everyone was looking at me, like

"Why is that short brown guy raging?"

And. I. Didn't.Even. Care.

I was that horrified.

Also:

*FUKKEN SAVED*

Bro, I am the unfied king of all awkward work-induced expressions.

- "Ryan ,you are in charge of our game's music!"
- *me tapping and humming to myself for a week

- "Ryan, you need to design the last 3 characters!"
- *me making various voices to try and create fitting character designs*

- "Ryan, the professors are complaining about XXX feature that completely contradicts what they initially wanted and requires at least 10 man-hours of coding to realise because the professors that want this change have never programmed anything in their life and have zero understanding of how much work it takes to make even the simplest thing work properly within a computer game."

Last edited by CoreysMonster at May 22, 2011,
Realising that I had put outdated analysis of a statue in my dissertation wasn't a major part of it though.
Usually whenever I think of a funny joke in my head, then I say it out loud and no one laughs.

****ing Retrospect
Quote by LordBishek
Aw, I fucking hate it when that happens, my stupid lecturers mix shit from other subjects in with theirs, and it's all I can do not to beat them to death with their own lecture notes

Fucking academic trolls.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by sashki
I often randomly remember embarassing moments of my life that could easily have been avoided. I am haunted by these sudden bouts of shame and regret.

I regret not having been more confident in school.
I regret not having learned to manage my time properly and to defer gratification.
I regret the several incidents where I've been called stupid by bus drivers.

Minus the school and busdrivers part, that.
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
Quote by Pat_s1t
I probably should've been a lot more like you this weekend I think. Would've saved me a lot of trouble.

I'm not like that anymore. But I used to be.
Could've got laid by this total slut (quite hot) when I was 13 (she was 16). Ended up not getting laid till I was 20, ****ing retrospect.
Thinking about all of the times I've retrospected.

****ing retrosp-DAMN!
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
could've slept with her the othernight

****ing retrospect.

i like this game
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Taking Natural Law in a catholic university as a class. ****ing retrospect.
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
Being such a pussy until I'm about to leave forever. ****in' retrospect... This is like Baww+ YLYL.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
I posted that Wal-Mart story on here

****ing Retrospect.
you're a stone fox
^ Where the girl touched your hair and you jizzed your pants? If it wasn't you, that was still ****ing hilarious anyway

EDIT: Nevermind, found your thread. It's a lot less interesting than I hoped
Last edited by Pat_s1t at May 22, 2011,
I don't understand how you can be grounded.... Why not just, um, leave? You're moving in a month, they can't really do anything to you.
Quote by Pat_s1t
^ Where the girl touched your hair and you jizzed your pants? If it wasn't you, that was still ****ing hilarious anyway

EDIT: Nevermind, found your thread. It's a lot less interesting than I hoped

I'm pretty sure that's the music video for "Jizz in my Pants" but you might have meant that...
you're a stone fox
Page 1 of 2