I'm not sure if im happy with this or not, could you guys let me know what you think? cheers

the wind blows through the grass
creating waves that gently pass
but where is my destination?
graffitied signs show the way

the miles are racing by
different faces walk the isle
awkward glances and stances through the ride
some recognised with solemn smiles

where do i want to go?
where ever this train says so
counting the stops that pass by me
next stop monotony city

and now that I have arrived
the same old thing has a comforting side
oh I could never put it down
such a thing should never be messed around

I know this old train will take me back
to the little village I live at
dont discount the power of monotony
he's been a very good friend to me

where do i want to go?
where ever this train says so
counting the stops that pass by me
next stop monotony city
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Reading the title before reading the lyrics was deceiving to me. I guess I have my own presumptions of what monotony city would be, and that would be my job! Anyhow I liked the imagery. I can relate to the train ride aspect. I wonder if you actually wrote this while on a long train ride? I think everyone can relate to the "same old thing" having a comforting side. I'm wondering what you mean by "never put it down, such a thing should never be messed around."? Is it not wanting to deviate from your daily routines cause they're comfortable? I definitely liked and it's a good start towards a finished product.
cheers for the crit, yeah thats what I meant by that line, my daily routine is quite monotonous but at the minute I'm happy enough with it. I used to travel by train every week to college, I wrote the first line on the train.
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do