I love PRS Guitars but they cost a fortune. I love everything from Hendrix and Vaughan to Alter Bridge and even heavy metal like Five Finger Death Punch and classic stuff. But when i looked up a Prs Se Custom 24, i noticed they don't have split coil. Will it be an easy job for a complete beginner like me? How much would this cost at a Music store? Also, i might try to put in some high end prs pickups if i want it to sound like the real thing.
don't quote me on this, but I think you just buy the push pull feature and thats it
Depends on what the pickups have for wiring. If they aren't 4 conductor, you can't coil split without modding the pickups, which is not a beginner job. If they are 4 conductor it's probably not too hard as long as you can follow a wiring diagram.
a push pull pot would be the easiest, since it doesn't require drilling any additional holes (it's just a regular pot with a miniswitch piggybacking on it)

the one thing you need to know firstly tho, is how many wires does your pickup have? If it has 3, 4, or 5 than it's no problem. But if it only has two wires (a hot and a bare ground) than you can't do it (unless you get some 5-conductor pickup wire to swap out, but it's a tricky job)
Quote by Preacher403
Depends on what the pickups have for wiring. If they aren't 4 conductor, you can't coil split without modding the pickups, which is not a beginner job. If they are 4 conductor it's probably not too hard as long as you can follow a wiring diagram.

Yeah, I forgot about that part.
Can anyone confirm with coil splitting by using a 5 way switch, with 2 humbuckers?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.