just getting back into guitar playing, and was wondering what you guys thought of these sites.
I always order from Thomann, best music store ever. They usually ship the same day I place the order, or the day later. Never had a problem with them.
Thomann is excellent in terms of customer support and pricing, but because it's from Germany, delivery is pretty expensive (£10) and takes about 4 days. It also means all electrical equipment comes with European plugs.

Digital Village have great prices and their delivery and support was pretty good, but all I've ordered from them was a tambourine.

GAK is pretty overpriced and their customer support is pretty horrendous - I'd stay away from them if you can.
They are all decent sites, of that I know.

I've ordered from both GAK and DV and they both deliver pretty quickly, i'm not sure about the delivery fee though.

You'll have no problems ordering from any of these sites, but bear in mind that Thomann is the only foreign one of the three.
THomanns great. I got my 6260 for only £250 new from Thomanns and it arrived in Northern ireland from germany in only 2 days
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
im quite sure remebering that if u ordered acertain amount from thomman you got the delivery free.

also any suggestions for a guitar 200-350 pounds for rock, indie, b;ues, and a bit of fnk
Last edited by cac1389 at May 22, 2011,
Quote by cac1389
im quite sure remebering that if u ordered acertain amount from thomman you got the delivery free.

Yep:
Free shipping on orders of 199.- EUR and more.
Yeah Thomann and DV247 have been great. I ordered a guitar from GAK that was "in stock" and they (10 days later) sent me a worse alternative, so I cancelled, and second time I tried using them their "in stock" item turned out to be unavailable, so I'd stick with the first two options.
cool cheers guys, so any suggestions for a guitar 200 to 350, for rock punk blues indie and a bit of funk
I can recommend Thomann as the best shop !

I'm a customer there since the early 80s - and never had any problems with them,
great service even with the low budget products.

Our first good PA-system was delivered by the todays Boss, Hans Thomann personally....

and yes, I'm biased, I'm living one driving hour from them
thomann is awesome

i've only ordered a couple of very small things from dv247, but i had no problems

haven't used gak
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
GAK have terrible customer service and frequently get orders wrong or hugely delayed without notification. They also don't keep regular stock checks so somethign might say it's in stock but actually it isn't. They'll still take your money right away anyway and you'll be waiting a long time for them to get the item in since they won't so special orders, they'll only get your thing in whenever their next big delivery is. They used to be very cheap which was the only reason they got so big but now they're not even the fourth or fifth cheapest shop. Don't bother.

Thomann are very cheap with free shipping on any large purchases and great service but you gotta remember that everything you buy through them comes through various parts of mainland Europe, mostly Germany. That means longer shipping times and most electrical stuff such as amps will come with different plugs, you'll need to buy an adapter to use them in the UK.

DV247 are really good, they'll be faster than Thomann but they also tend to be ever so slightly more expensive. They're who I usually go for unless Thomann is 10% cheaper or more.
I got my acoustic off of GAK, it was the cheapest place I could find that did it. However, for some reason my order didn't go through properly on the website and was stuck in some sort of limbo for several days. I rang them up and the bloke I spoke to was very nice and he just whacked it through. Considering it was nearly 10pm, the customer service was very good in my opinion.
the one thing I'd say is always compare the prices of several different shops.

Thomann is often significantly cheaper than the UK- but not always. At times it can be significantly more expensive. Ditto places like dv247.

Pays to check a bunch of sites to get the best price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dv247 is good for prices and the guitars are well kept in their shops (I did a work placement at their Southampton branch), GAK is great for speed and I've never had a problem with them so I've never dealt with customer services however they do seem quite overpriced and I've never dealt with Thomann. I usually use google shopping to check prices before I buy gear and look for legit looking sites.
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.