I have two new original songs in my profile

They are "Always Be There" and "Hell of a Show".

They are very different but Im proud of them both. Im looking for feedback that will help me improve these songs before I record/finish them for real. I would appreciate comments and ratings as well!

THANKS!
On "Always Be There" - Like it, but to me that would sound better on acoustic, and maybe try to strum a pattern with the chords instead of strumming each chord once, but that's just my opinion.

"Hell of a Show" - This one, to me, had sort of a Transplants vibe to it, think it could be really good if you lengthen it out more and add a little variety to it.

They are both pretty good for songs that you are not done with yet, just flesh both of them out some more. Good work.
Quote by neversleeps84
On "Always Be There" - Like it, but to me that would sound better on acoustic, and maybe try to strum a pattern with the chords instead of strumming each chord once, but that's just my opinion.

"Hell of a Show" - This one, to me, had sort of a Transplants vibe to it, think it could be really good if you lengthen it out more and add a little variety to it.

They are both pretty good for songs that you are not done with yet, just flesh both of them out some more. Good work.

Thanks!

Always be there actually is on acoustic but i had to amplify it :/
Overall pretty cool man, Id just work on overall recording quality and youll be set!

Would you mind checking out my new original:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444519

let me know what you think!
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I would get a better mic or something. The quality is not so great.

AS for the songs themselves, they both seemed like they were missing some "oompf". Aspecially on "always be there", I think you should of mixed around with the guitar alot more instead of having the lick on a loop.

here is my one for you to C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27250592&posted=1#post27250592
I would work on your voice first and foremost. It doesn't have to be pristine to do songs like this, but the ugly off note stuff just doesn't do it for me, unless you're going so hard with the heavy metal or something that it doesn't matter. I listened to your other You and Me song and it's the same problem. It's like a drunk dude got on a mic and started blowing in joke fashion.

Not that good man, can't lie to you. Keep at it, the guitar isn't terrible but it'd improve a lot if you got your singing together. I'd like to hear this songs after that's improved, could make a big difference

My C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442842
All of this was confusing to me. You've got your guitar, got some chords, and a vague grasp on how to record them. Listen back to your songs and dissect them. As Shack said, I would focus on singing. The web's full of tutorials. If you don't want to go that route, match the notes on your guitar in whatever scale you're using before you record. Helps me get my mind around what I'm working on sometimes. The guitar tone and overall quality don't really merit crit. I would take some time, put in some serious hours of practice, and re-approach your music.