I just went to a concert last night, and after the concert, i had a slight ringing in my right ear and both ears felt clogged or something. The next day, the ringing was slight and now is very slight, but my ears still feel clogged, mostly my right ear. i was very close to the speakers, and i didnt think i would need earplugs at the concert (i did). My ears feel kinda like they need to be popped, and i think its been getting better. I can hear fine, but it seems like im almost missing some bass tones in my ears. When will this go away? this is the first concert i haven't worn ear protection to, and its only my 4th concert ever. I stayed close to the stage for two bands, and the rest i was farther. is there any way to stop the feeling, or will it just go away (in how long?)
Last edited by Shawn8864 at May 22, 2011,
It's called Tinnitus. You get it after extended periods of very loud noises. It mostly wears off after some time. But sometimes it's permanent. Which is why you should take care of your ears.
It will go away after a while. Next time wear ear plugs or at the very least put some toilet paper in your ears and don't stand near the speakers.

It doesn't make you cool to be one of those guys rocking out with your face by the speaker.
dude i know exactly what you got, ive done it 3 or 4 times before, it'll go away on its own after a few days..

and it's not tinnitus, tinnitus is when you hear a ringing when everything is quiet
I plan to always wear ear protection, and i learned that i definitely need it. So you guys think it will definitely go away very soon? The ringing is hardly there and i can only slightly hear it when i plug my ears, and it's decreasing. I want the other feeling to go away. How long will it take? is there anything i can do? Also, i have a stuffy nose today, but i don't think they're related.
Quote by geetarguy13

and it's not tinnitus, tinnitus is when you hear a ringing when everything is quiet

Tinnitus is the perception of audio stimulus when there is none, usually related to prolonged exposure to loud noises.

Idiots like you cause people to wreck their ears, TS clearly has some.

It'll probably go away this time TS, but be careful in the future, if you let it happen too much it will become permanent. You don't wanna end up like Pete Townsend.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
It's completely normal after a gig if you're near the front.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
While this thread is still hear (lol geddit?) a few days ago I tried out some ear buds for noise reduction and one of the didn't fit in properly so I stupidly pushed it quite hard. When I took it out I lost about 80% of my hearing in my right here and it's still not regained it's full hearing capabilities.

For instance if I put an iPod earphone in and have it on full volume in my right ear it sounds like normal talking volume

Any ideas what it is?
It's not how big your pencil is; it's how you write your name.
lol I got this ringing in my ear from the concert last night and I don't know why? i was standing next to a speaker...

That got me lol
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
Quote by MrRockandRoll
While this thread is still hear (lol geddit?) a few days ago I tried out some ear buds for noise reduction and one of the didn't fit in properly so I stupidly pushed it quite hard. When I took it out I lost about 80% of my hearing in my right here and it's still not regained it's full hearing capabilities.

For instance if I put an iPod earphone in and have it on full volume in my right ear it sounds like normal talking volume

Any ideas what it is?

You aren't thinking that maybe you should go see a doctor?
Quote by MrRockandRoll

Any ideas what it is?

Damaging your eardrum? I don't know, go see your doctor, it sounds (sorry :p quite serious.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
it should go away after a few days. If not see a doctor and not UG
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
you caused damage to your ears that hig pitched slightinging is a tone you'll never hear again, next time use protection.
for the record its not tinnitus. tinnitus is a condition where you always have a ringing in your ears forever.

you just got hearing damage. cherish those wonderful high frequencies in your ears cuz you'll never hear them again. also your ears feeling stuff means A)you might be sick [stuffy nose too so maybe] or B)when your ears are hit with loud noises they try and block it out. this happens but I odon't think It should happen for very long.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Ive never worn ear protection to any band practices or concerts and i've been to dozens

I've really only had a noticable ringing like once haha, I must be invincible
Congratulations, you have been to your first gig. It goes away the next day normally, but like said earplugs are a must to protect your ears from future damage
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Tinnitus is a permanent condition where you have significant permanent hearing damage after being exposed to loud noises over a long period of time. One concert will not give you tinnitus.

However, having your ears ring after a concert is completely normal. It might even last a few days. If your ears are ringing, yes, damage has been done, but it's only worry-worthy if it occurs frequently. If this is the only time, don't worry about it, it'll go away soon.
Quote by MrRockandRoll

Any ideas what it is?

>being threadworthy

also, see a doctor, man. the internet isn't as good as you think, because at the end of the day, we're still going to tell you to see a doctor.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
hmm this is kinda weird, but i tested my ears on different frequencies, and i found that my right ear is ringing at about 17000 hz. I can only hear this tone in my right ear if i put my ear to the speaker, but my left ear can hear it just fine. my right ear can not hear 18000 or above, but my left can. i guess winterxsolstice was right. (but i will not cherish those annoying tones )
Happened to me before, it'll wear off in a few days more than likely.

Next time wear ear protection, this happened to me the first concert i went to and i highly regret it. The second one i went to and i wore ear protection and it was fine.
Ive always had ringing after shows but the absolute most tore up my ears got were because of ****in Slayer. I was standing with my friends right by the right side of the stage. That happened to be where kerry king was happily destroying my eardrums. we all thought that the speakers were distorting buttttt it was our ears and/or head that was distorting. I recommend it.
I can still hear all the frequencies i could before now.. and my ears are all better
as said, get ear protection.

Many earplugs out there are designed to still allow music to be heard properly. (called natural sound noise filters)

Find some and save your ears
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could