Basically i have replaced the strings on my Gunslinger with 11s, (i previously had 10s) and i cannot for the love of god get the strings in tune, (half step down) and the bridge parallel to the body, Ive followed the instructions from various websites and youtube videos which just say to keep tuning and adjusting untill they match up but after hours of trying I still havent got it fixed.
Any ideas about whats wrong or what else i can could would be much appreciated

Cheers
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
you might need to move the springs into a different combination, or add another spring
most floyds are like /|\
but try putting the springs in different combinations and see what happens
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
You could try blocking the Floyd so it is parallel, then tuning, then unblocking and adjusting the spring tension so it is in tune. Usually works for me.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
first time I ever set up a floyd I blocked it and saved myself hours of frustration. you probably need to stretch your strings or you're not going to get it to stay set up properly
Last edited by Necronomicon at May 22, 2011,
Quote by Necronomicon
first time I ever set up a floyd I blocked it and saved myself hours of frustration. you probably need to stretch your strings or you're not going to get it to stay set up properly

Ill try stretching the strings because what seems to be happening is when i get it in tune, the bridge will be sitting up so I bring it down again with the screws then it is out of tune again. Then i tune it up again and its once again the bridge is too high, and so it goes on and on lol
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
It can take quite a long time to balance out the bridge tension. When I restrung and set up my "Floyd" last I gave a few good flexes of the bar to stretch out the strings after tuning up once, should stop the strings from stretching and the balance slipping while you're trying to sort it out.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212