hey..
I have a peavy vypyr 30 with a Peavy Blue Marvel speaker. When turned up to high volumes it starts to sound very harsh to my ears. I plugged in some high quality earbuds into the headphone jack and the amp sounded AMAZING! It sounded so round and tube like. I think it sounded better because I bypassed the amp's speaker when I put in my earbuds and used the ear bud speakers.
My question is, if I switch out the Blue Marvel with a high quality amp speaker, will it sound as round and tubeish as the headphones??

thanks,
Phil
I say yes, but I'm just starting to learn about the range of speakers myself.
Quote by what711now
hey..
I have a peavy vypyr 30 with a Peavy Blue Marvel speaker. When turned up to high volumes it starts to sound very harsh to my ears. I plugged in some high quality earbuds into the headphone jack and the amp sounded AMAZING! It sounded so round and tube like. I think it sounded better because I bypassed the amp's speaker when I put in my earbuds and used the ear bud speakers.
My question is, if I switch out the Blue Marvel with a high quality amp speaker, will it sound as round and tubeish as the headphones??

thanks,
Phil

You must have some really high quality headphones because most SS amplifiers sound TERRIBLE when you use the headphone jack on the amp. Either way a new high quality guitar speaker will definitely improve your tone. However, calling the improvement you here tubeish is a bit misleading. Tube amplifiers and SS amplifiers sound distinctly different. Not necessarily meaning one is better than the other, but no new speaker will make your SS amp sound like a tube amp.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
You must have some really high quality headphones because most SS amplifiers sound TERRIBLE when you use the headphone jack on the amp. Either way a new high quality guitar speaker will definitely improve your tone. However, calling the improvement you here tubeish is a bit misleading. Tube amplifiers and SS amplifiers sound distinctly different. Not necessarily meaning one is better than the other, but no new speaker will make your SS amp sound like a tube amp.

Its a modelling amp. Its supposed to (try to) imitate tube sound.