Page 1 of 9
Because one time i listened to metal,and a person said to turn it off. And they put on the radio and there was this song about a mickey mouse watch,i kid you not.

Why do we metalheads always get hate directed towards us?
Because we are too metal for them to handle.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Because alot of metal blows, and alot of the fans are assholes.

Not all, but plenty
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Because furries like you listen to it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It's simple, they want to be us.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Because alot of this look this this

And ya know I guess it's not the most appealing type of person

And I hate people who hate metal because it's metal.

At band practice once I start playing some megadeth riffs to our drummer (who is a douche who loves razorlight and other pop rock bands and is making me rethink about staying in the band) says he really likes those riffs and thought we should do the rest of the song. He then asked who it was by and I said Megadeth then he said actually we better not made me rage
It's not how big your pencil is; it's how you write your name.
Last edited by MrRockandRoll at May 22, 2011,
I don't know, but it pisses me off that bands like Nickelback and Three Days Grace are ruling the airwaves. Most progressive metal bands have skill that overpowers every radio rock band and even some of the greats i.e. Slash and Angus Young. It seems in only to get recognition you have to be a virtuoso in the metal scene. Other than that, no one cares for it. Sad but true.
Quote by cm880999
Not fast enough.. try playing this song i wrote it's called trolls delight!

heres the progression

A F Bb Gm E C D A Bm C Bm A Bm Bb Bm Cm Cb C Cbm A

played at 883 bmp change the chord every click

its pretty easy though
Because some metalheads are assholes. Also, some fans of metal are stupid and don't know how to act in public.

That's why metal is frowned upon.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
cuz we r too br00tal to handle dudez
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Because the lyrics are often dark and doomy and a lot of metalheads are assholes. I listen to metal myself but there are some dickheads out there all the same.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
>implying metal is good

No, there is some good metal. But most of it is garbage produced by garbage "musicians." Just like any other genre. One thing I hate about metal and metalheads is that they are so narrow-minded about other music.

i.e. "DIMEBAG IS THE BEST GUITARIST EVER" "ZAKK WYLDE IS THE BEST GUITARIST EVER"

Anyone who says that those two are the greatest guitarists ever have not listened to anything besides metal. Which is also funny, because there is no such thing as "the greatest guitarist ever."
Quote by NothingRocks
Because it's a genre filled with terrible artists and cheesy songs.

I normally don't take offense to this, but since it's coming from someone with such unreliable and near satanic traits, such as enjoying anime, I don't think I can allow you to live.
Because you're a pussy and didn't just tell them to f**k off. That would be truly metal.
Dom, look... I Caught a PWOPER fish
It's just stigma.

Like i've had someone class Muse's Supermassive Blackhole as 'metal' - to which i guffawed at.

Each genre is separately looked down upon depending on social circle, the beauty of your initial post is that you got cussed for your taste in music, and you then chose to repeat the favor by then bitching about their choice in music whilst claiming your music is better
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Because they go rawr rawr and worship the devil.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Metal isn't the most accessible genre of music out there.

Also, you're just another metal fan with the perception that they are "bullied" for their taste in music. I like metal too, but I can still see it from the perspective of a person who doesn't like metal. Grow up.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Because 98% of metulhedz are absolute shits that need a serious ass kicking. It's really unfortunate in all honesty, because there are a lot of really cool metal fans and a lot of really good metal bands out there.
Quote by aCloudConnected
>implying metal is good

No, there is some good metal. But most of it is garbage produced by garbage "musicians."

First off, who gives a shit. Different strokes for different folks.

Second, way to state "your opinion" as "fact".
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by ProgJazzMath
I don't know, but it pisses me off that bands like Nickelback and Three Days Grace are ruling the airwaves. Most progressive metal bands have skill that overpowers every radio rock band and even some of the greats i.e. Slash and Angus Young. It seems in only to get recognition you have to be a virtuoso in the metal scene. Other than that, no one cares for it. Sad but true.

its not really about skill though. being able to play mental chord progressions in obscene time signatures doesn't exactly mean that the music itself is any good. i enjoy crazy music but i can understand why people don't, and because people don't like it fans of these type of bands go postal and say things like "YOU JUST CAN'T APPRECIATE GOOD MUSIC".

but on another subject, Nickelback should be made illegal.
because of the media portraying the correlation between psychopathic behaviour and metal music. about 4 weeks ago some kid murdered a guy in a hotel with ritualistic bullshit like blood pacts, and he left behind a slipknot disk in the crime scene.

it's generally shit like that that people misinterpret.

also, a lot of metal is shit.

also, music is extremely subjective.

it's a lot of shit man, just headbang your way through it.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by sjones
First off, who gives a shit. Different strokes for different folks.

Second, way to state "your opinion" as "fact".

Read your "first off after reading your "first off."

Then read your "second," then read your "first off."
Stereotypes. The stereotypical metalhead is a satan-worshipping narrow-minded stoned douchebag hipster. Even though this is not the case for all of us, there are enough of these to make a stereotype.

If metalheads would shut the **** up about it every once in a while, I wouldn't be as judgmental about it.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Because some people are idiots who think it's smart to make fun of metal. A few years ago people in the Pit used to think it was cool to listen to it and they'd look down on people who didn't. Basically the Pit is full of idiots.
Quote by ProgJazzMath

So. Much. Fail.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by aCloudConnected
Read your "first off after reading your "first off."

Then read your "second," then read your "first off."

Re-read your post before you act like a jackass, "first off".

Nothing pisses me off more than people stating their opinions as a set-in-stone fact.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by sjones

Nothing pisses me off more than people stating their opinions as a set-in-stone fact.

Because of religion, screamo, metalcore and assholes like another guy said. Who cares anyways, it's better than all of that indie crap UG listens to.
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
Quote by aCloudConnected

Something funny?
Quote by Zeppelin71
Quote by cgmetallica1981
Because of religion, screamo, metalcore and assholes like another guy said. Who cares anyways, it's better than all of that indie crap UG listens to.

Yup, Indie is the most listened to and respected genre in the Pit, and metal is super underrated here.

R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by sjones

Firstly, that guy was obviously trolling.

Secondly, people who go around this forum yelling 'YOU HAVE TO SAY IT'S YOUR OPINION IT'S SUBJECTIVE!!!" are really boring. It's a discussion about music, and if music is subjective then it's impossible to make an objective comment about its quality. That it is an opinion being expressed is implied by the subject matter.
Quote by rockingamer2
Metal isn't the most accessible genre of music out there.

Metal is all about accessibility. I just bought a cassette that only 50 were produced, ever. You honestly tell me that you've never heard of "Bronvie - Mystic Dawn of Death" before.
I don't think metal is looked down upon. Mind you it's hard to take a lot of metal heads seriously.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"