Well, I bought a Squier Strat.

It was used, $80 and needed some cleaning up, but hey, the thing played so well I couldn't say no. Serial Number is COB081061294 if anyone can help me on what that means.

Review:
This guitar is crazy, I was looking for a cheap guitar to use for feedback playing/ slide guitar and a Squier Strat is what fit the bill. The neck is very nice on this, nice and thick, very smooth feeling, hell I would have paid a lot more than $80 just for this neck. The body was nice too, nothing spectacular, the paid was not too organized on the insides, but overall not bad. The trem is iffy, it works but not too much, it has little range. The nut is an issue though, if you bend more than a half step the nut jolts up, I'll have to fix this. Also the bottom tone pot doesn't appear to be working, I'll probably swap in a spare if I decide I really need it though.

Since I bought this guitar to mod and use for feedback and slide I've all ready started in, I taped the input jack sideways so I can touch the head of the cable to get a cool sound when I've got a lot of gain and effects on. I think I may also add in some tape to the upper horn to make it easy to grip and move around in front of an amp. I may also spray on a dollar sign since that's my symbol.

So all in all I'm pretty happy with this guitar and I will get some good use out of it.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Grats! $80 is nice. Want a good mod, shave the headstock down
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Squiers are awesome guitars for messing around with. They're cheap as dirt and some are surprisingly good quality. Can't beat an $80 guitar that plays like a Fender, depending on the axe

Are you going to do any aesthetic mods to it? Keep us updated! HNGD!
Matthew 6:33

Uniting the World, One Bridge at a Time.
HNGD! Any guitar that feels good for $80 is a steal.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by Bridge_H
Squiers are awesome guitars for messing around with. They're cheap as dirt and some are surprisingly good quality. Can't beat an $80 guitar that plays like a Fender, depending on the axe

Are you going to do any aesthetic mods to it? Keep us updated! HNGD!

Well I'm planning to add a spray painted $ sign, I'm going to create a guitar thread in GB&C documenting what I've done.
Lets jump in a pool

Quote by I am wet
Also the bottom tone pot doesn't appear to be working, I'll probably swap in a spare if I decide I really need it though.

Are you sure, as often the bottom tone pot is wired to the middle pickup- Just before you do anything to drastic.
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
Quote by I'mOnAPlain
Are you sure, as often the bottom tone pot is wired to the middle pickup- Just before you do anything to drastic.

Oh is it really?

This is the first guitar like this I have had so I'm still learning the parts.
Lets jump in a pool

Quote by I am wet
Oh is it really?

This is the first guitar like this I have had so I'm still learning the parts.

On Squires yes it generally is. Don't know why?
Anywho HNGD
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
I'd say that squier is sh*t. But for 80$... HNGD!!!
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12