So I've been using garage band up and until now and want to re-record shizzle with Logic pro. I have written a beat on ez drummer in garage band but i want to convert it to superior drummer in logic. when i save the loop and put it into logic it changes the input to ez drummer. is there anyway to get round this? cheers!
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
simply just copy the midi data that was written out in EZ Drummer track and throw it onto the MIDI for superior track, easy as that!
NOPE
i've tried, it doesn't work do you mean open both at the same time, copy and paste the 'notes' and paste into the midi part of logic?
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
basically, if i save the EZ drummer loop in garageband, when i load it in logic, it changes the input to EZ drummer rather than Superior. is there anyway i can just save the midi in garage band and export to logic?
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
In Superior Drummer make sure that you've selected the SL_Aavatar, or any other SD2 kit you're wanting to use, it might be defaulting to the EZdrummer Pop/Rock kit in SD2.
its set to NY avatar. each time i copy the notes from garageband it changes the input to EZ/whatever instrument is playing the notes
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
It changes the entire VSTi, or the kit inside SD2?

Try opening up the midi and then finding the 'program' part of the track and then delete any data that's there. I'm unfamiliar with Logic, but the program section will probably be near the velocity controls.
ahhh i give up, i'll just re write the whole thing. is there a major quality difference between logic and garageband?
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
actually pulling my hair out with this thing, how do you write your own beats in it!?
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Quote by vivalaheerey
actually pulling my hair out with this thing, how do you write your own beats in it!?

/facepalm

Have you read the manual? Have you googled tutorials on how to use it? Holy ****ing jesus, I'm not singling you out here but there are so many ****ing people that come on here with stupid questions like this that can be answered with a simple google search. I mean, I pulled up Toontrack's website and video tutorials on how to do it are right on the ****ing site!

I'm not trying to make you feel bad but you kinda got me at a bad moment and I'm seriously tired of people too lazy to google or search for info that takes 30 seconds to find.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
i did go on google, and checked all the videos, mind linking me if you found a video? honestly have looked. i found you can write your own beats using EZ player, but i still need to punch in the code to use that atm
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2