Have any of you guys tried the Boss GT-10? Is it worth the money or am I better off something a little cheaper? Any thoughts would be great.
I have one and to be honest, its just alright. What's your current set-up (guitar, amp, other pedals)?? I like it but if you have a decent amp already or plan on getting one soon, there's no reason to have it. The tones on it aren't really all that great IMO. And I wouldn't suggest getting it if you just want a bunch of effects (that was the reason I wanted it) because you can only ever have two on at the same time anyways. But yeah, some more info would be helpful.
its not worth the money
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
What do you really need, if anything in terms of effects? Or are you planning on using the amp mods?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I'm looking for effects mostly. But how do the amps sound? or am I better off investing in a decent amp and effect pedals. I heard there are like 70 effects to choose from.
but each effect is only mediocre compared to individual effects, also there are multiples of types of effect too, so multiple choruses and delays and such. The best amp modeling on affordable multi fx units in my opinion, is the Line 6 HD series
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by pasnu
I'm looking for effects mostly. But how do the amps sound? or am I better off investing in a decent amp and effect pedals. I heard there are like 70 effects to choose from.

If it's effects narrow it down to three or four "essentials" - think about what you really like the sound of and then ask for recommendations regarding those.

Boss amp mods are okay. Nothing stunning. The effects on their multi-units I have found to be useful when rehearsing on the road or an impromptu jam. As for using them as your main sounds - no. Dedicated stomp boxes all the way... In my opinion, that is.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
If it's effects narrow it down to three or four "essentials" - think about what you really like the sound of and then ask for recommendations regarding those.

Boss amp mods are okay. Nothing stunning. The effects on their multi-units I have found to be useful when rehearsing on the road or an impromptu jam. As for using them as your main sounds - no. Dedicated stomp boxes all the way... In my opinion, that is.

Couldn't agree more. TS, you'd be much better off really figuring out what is that you want out of your rig and then start working your way towards that. The type of sound you want to achieve, what kind of effects you want, all that. Get a quality amp and then just start building from there.