Hey UG,

I am in need of some assistance. My birthday is coming up and I've caught wind of me getting a Marshall Class 5 perhaps. I've always talked and even recommended this to other guitarists, having played it several times. Now, usually this was in a band-practise-ish environment so nobody would complain. However, since I will be playing it @bedroom level I know I need some kind of dist/OD to give it some bite at these bedroom levels. I am quite aware that there are a lot of great expensive pedals out there but the simple fact is, I do not have the budget for it. My budget is lim. to apr. 150€. Would UG be so very kind and recommend me some "budget" OD/dist. pedals which sound good enough.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

-Harald

Edit:

My current gear is the following:

Gibson LP Traditional
Vox VT30

I would like some Gary Moore-ish and/or Hendrix ish sounds if you would like to know.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Last edited by darkravers009 at May 22, 2011,
OCD for light Marshall sound, or Fendery
Dirty Bomb for heavy Marshall
Green Rhino for tube overdrive, will get louder
Not sure, but I like Tech21 Oxford for Orange sound
For fuzz like sounds, Swollen Pickle (aggressive fuzz)
or Big Muff Pi (smoother)
just try an ibanez tube screamer for something a lil on the cheaper end. solid pedal that everyone uses so u'll kno it will work pretty good. personally, i was a huge fan of the vox ice 9. i have kno idea wat that translates to in euros but its probably something like 100 maybe? (its $130 u.s.). it has a real wide variety of tones that you can get from it, a nice amount of eq, and a "more" switch to do just that. it adds just a little bit more bit to the sound for a solo boost or just an even more overdriven signal. its a really nice, well made pedal and i think it will work very well for wat ur looking for
If you are lucky enough to get one of the 2011 new models, you will get a over all power reducer switch - so you will be able to drive the tubes at bedroom volumes.
Maybe put that request in now before they buy you the amp!