So I've been searching for a good fuzz and delay pedal combo to buy together. I really like the early Led Zeppelin tone (Led Zeppelin 1 specifically). I think the fuzzface (although used by hendrix and not page) sounds pretty close to it actually.

Anyway, I have been looking for a good delay that can handle distortion well. All of the demos on youtube always play them clean. The best way I could describe it was to get that "searing" tone.

Thanks!

My price-range is like anywhere under 400.
Well; back in the 70s it was almost entirely tape delays, and finding one in good condition isn't easy these days. As for digital stuff, the Boss RE-20 Space Echo Delay/Reverb is a very good one:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-RE20-Space-Echo-Delay-Reverb-Pedal?sku=152267

The Boss GigaDelay is also a very good choice.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Jun 13, 2011,
i thought page was a tonebender.

I mean no worries if you like the fuzz face and it works how you want it. Just pointing out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
mxr carbon copy analog delay, damn good delay and like 150

if you want to hear what it soinds like listen to stone sour's say youll haunt me
Quote by Dave_Mc
i thought page was a tonebender.

He may have used one, but he most certainly had one of these, too:

Back then, everybody had one. It was the effect to get.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
oh i was talking about the fuzz
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Deluxe Memory Man, you can't beat it in my opinion, plus you get chorus and vibrato too. I love mine, it sounds fantastic