After reading, it seems that I would prefer the tone (if there is even a tonal difference) of the Vintage Modern truss rod design. Also, this BEAUTIFUL specific neck I'm looking for is only available in VM. My question is, does the compression of the wood pose as much of a problem as Warmoth says? Will I have any stability problems if I keep it maintained?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

No. The vintage modern truss rod design is the same as in fenders. As long as you keep it maintained you'll be fine.
As to the tone difference, it is there, but I don't think it's as big as people make it out to be.
RIP Gooze

cats
It really won't matter. I've got one Warmoth Pro neck and two VM and one Total Vintage. All are quarter sawn maple with rosewood boards. All of them need adjusting about the same. The Vintage Modified ones sound the best though. Notes have smoother attack and sustain and I can feel the vibrations right through the back of the neck. The Warmoth Pro neck feels 'dead' in comparison. The Warmoth neck is also a lot heavier. Vintage Modified is the way to go.
Wow, thanks guys! I'll go with VM
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.