A few weeks ago I walked into a restaurant in NC to see a friend who was working there and as I was waiting for him to finish up a table, I heard a song (part of one at least) that I know I've heard before somewhere (so I'm assuming it must be somewhat popular).

It sounded moderately "folky", but was fast paced and was played predominately on an acoustic guitar (it also sounded more modern, probably wasn't that old of a song, though I could be wrong). Judging by the sound, I would assume it was being played with a pic as opposed to finger picking. There was some slapping in there as well.

Also, there was a fiddle that came in at one point of the song (seemed more towards the middle or end possibly). There might have been a banjo or other "twangy" sounding instrument as well, but don't quite remember.

I also don't recall any lyrics, but that may have been because I caught only the end of the song or something like that.

The guitar part would have taken decent amount some skill to play. It didn't sound particularly easy...

Lastly, there was a descending scale of some sort that was played fairly quickly several times throughout the part I heard.

That's pretty much all I can remember. If you can name this song, I will literally worship the ground you walk on and name my firstborn in your honor.
Well shit man.
Last edited by sgguitarman at May 22, 2011,
Quote by sgguitarman
not quite man, but I definitely see where you are coming from.

yeah, my dick and with bl00d.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
if you dont know any of the lyrics its a slim chance to none that anyone here is going to be able to tell you what the song is
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Quote by Saint78
Every bluegrass song ever?

****. yeah now that i think about it, pretty much.
wish i wasnt so stoned that night... fuuuu
Well shit man.
Quote by guitarhero_764
If it ends up being Blind Melon I'm going to shit myself because I just started on a BM binge yesterday..

sadly no man. but at least i now have a new band to keep myself entertained while I look for this goddamn song. their stuff is pretty chill.
Well shit man.
Quote by Eastwinn
Dave Matthews Band?

Possibly considering the restaurant seemed to be going for the "All-American" sorta theme.
Are there any Dave Matthews songs with either no vocals or extended periods of instrumental with violins or fiddles and awesome acoustic guitar playing with minimal chord use?
Well shit man.
Quote by guitarhero_764
What did the guys voice sound like? High, medium, low?

No vocals in the part I heard sadly.
Well shit man.
Fleet Foxes? I listen to them, you probably don't know them as they aren't very mainstream or anything...Well I'm going to go drink some pbr
Did you not pick up any lyrics at all? Were there lyrics...?

I don't even listen to that kinda ting, but I got google and a tendency to go out of my way to help people on the Internet I don't know...
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
Did you not pick up any lyrics at all? Were there lyrics...?

I don't even listen to that kinda ting, but I got google and a tendency to go out of my way to help people on the Internet I don't know...

I honestly don't know if there were lyrics or not. I only caught the last minute or two of the song. There was definitely an extended instrumental part in it if it had vocals
Well shit man.
Maybe The Decemberists- Down by the water?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR9DjdMrpHg

It seems to be getting pretty popular.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Also check out Sublime, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, and Jane's Addiction. Else I'm out of ideas. I'm not very good at remembering radio hits though.
Last edited by guitarhero_764 at May 22, 2011,
Quote by guitarhero_764
Also check out Sublime, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, and Jane's Addiction. Else I'm out of ideas. I'm not very good at remembering radio hits though.

Those bands are too "rock" sounding. Ehh.
Well shit man.