Hey guys, heres a song my band's been working on, the vocals are now added - they were kinda rushed so they didn't come out the best, but it's good enough for city work.

Also, I really need a crit of my tone, plzkthx!

Now I present, the song Life Denied by Powershift!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13321068/Powershift%20-%20Life%20Denied.mp3

Thanks in advance! If you want me to crit your song just link it on your reply!
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Last edited by Lovecannon at May 23, 2011,
Definitely not what I usually listen too but it sounded good! Nicely paced with great drums

I'm listening through some quite high end headphones and think it could use a little more bass and the vocals a touch quieter though this might just be my headphones.

Brilliant solo at the end too, really nice effect gives good light and shade to the song.
Yeah I double tracked the guitar. Recorded both the direct out of the amp head and mic'd the cab with a condenser mic. The reason it doesnt sound so great is the direct out for the mic kinda sucks. I'll probably start triple tracking soon, or just cut the direct out from the head entirely. Itll probably just be easier to use a modeling VST like Amplitube, but I do have Guitar Rig 4 so I might try playing with that. Also - I updated the link to the new mix - evened the volume up a bit.

Quote by joni_xz
Definitely not what I usually listen too but it sounded good! Nicely paced with great drums

I'm listening through some quite high end headphones and think it could use a little more bass and the vocals a touch quieter though this might just be my headphones.

Brilliant solo at the end too, really nice effect gives good light and shade to the song.

Meh I didnt like how the solo came out , there were some mistakes and I kinda wrote it in 5 minutes lol.

Quote by Glyph92
Vocals should be a bit quieter and the guitar needs to be turned up. Did you double track the guitars? It would make a HUGE difference if you did. Definately turn the bass up to, if there is any. Drums sound pretty decent though, I would say. I like the guitar tone on the soloish thing.

Crit my mix, if you can.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Glyph92/music/all/play1001625

That Alphabet Soup song was pretty cool, I'm definitely going to have to tinker with my recording method for the guitars - it sounds way better in person. Hopefully the quality will be better guitar-wise on my next song :P I have so many more to record I'm back-logged lol
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Last edited by Lovecannon at May 24, 2011,