Page 1 of 2
I just got one PMed, but something irks me. I'm apparently supposed to 'beta test' it, but they're asking me to pay? Since when is testing buggy software something you have to pay for?

Am I missing something here?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

It's to test the payment system. It's a quarter for 2 weeks, geez.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by CG Man16
It's to test the payment system. It's a quarter for 2 weeks, geez.

It's 9 bucks a month for all the services. where are you getting the quarter for 2 weeks?
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Dirge Humani
There should be an option for 2 weeks / $0.25.

Then again, the entire format of the thing changed a few days ago, so that part of the testing might be over. I wouldn't know, I was a free beta tester >_>

I just got the PM today. meh.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

I got a email. You get a three day trial for each service and you can just end your subscription before the trial ends then you wont get charged, I think. To be honest, I don't know if I like it that much. Maybe in a few month and more tabs and such get added, but as of now I don't think I'm going to subscribe.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by fearofthemark
Since when is testing buggy software something you have to pay for?

They're taking a leaf out of Mojang's book. I keed, but seriously.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by sadSTATUE

They're taking a leaf out of Mojang's book. I keed, but seriously.

Speaking of which, y u no minecraft anymore?

My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
I got one over a month ago, and I still haven't purchased anything. My parents won't let me use their credit card.
WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO HASN'T BEEN ASKED!?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I would totally sign up and be a good beta tester if I got the $.25 for two weeks thing.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO HASN'T BEEN ASKED!?

Did you request to get an invite?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by Dirge Humani
BOO HOO THEY WANT ME TO PAY A WHOLE QUARTER FOR 2 WEEKS OF SERVICE WHAT GREEDY BASTARDS

Seriously? A quarter. You're making a deal out of A QUARTER.

read the thread before you make a fool of yourself. I'm making a big deal out of ten dollars.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
read the thread before you make a fool of yourself. I'm making a big deal out of ten dollars.

Nobody's forcing you to pay it.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
Nobody's forcing you to pay it.

Never said they were. I'm not all "OH MY GAWD WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH UG BLAH BLAH BLAH," I was confused about why they wanted to charge ten bucks for beta testing. Apparently, some people only have to pay a quarter. Clear?
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
Never said they were. I'm not all "OH MY GAWD WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH UG BLAH BLAH BLAH," I was confused about why they wanted to charge ten bucks for beta testing. Apparently, some people only have to pay a quarter. Clear?

It is indeed, clear.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
From what I remember it's limited to US only so far, so stop whining, brits >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
From what I remember it's limited to US only so far, so stop whining, brits >_>

Yeah, only the Ad blocking part is international, which Adblock plus really makes useless anyway.

Quote by Vauxite

It is indeed, clear.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by MAC2322
Speaking of which, y u no minecraft anymore?

I'll be back, I swears.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Yeah, I got an invite. Since I only have like, 20 bucks in my bank account atm, I'm not sure I want to spend money on the features until they're a little more fleshed out (it sounds like the content is pretty limited right now). If it was part of that 25 cent fee thing, I would definitely give it a go, but I think I'm a little too late for that.

Yeah, that's right. I'm a stingy motherf***er.
TS they want you to pay a small amount so they can check if the paying system works.
It's only $.25, not exactly a huge amount

If you don't have a credit card, just get a prepaid one
Ok to clear up the 25 cents thing. For the private beta, they had some people use it for only 25 cents to work out the billing system. That beta already happen and only a few people were in that. Now they are opening the beta up to more people. A lot of people are getting invites for a beta if you sent a request for an invitation. The people who are just getting in the beta now don't have any special offers besides a 3 day free trial.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
TS they want you to pay a small amount so they can check if the paying system works.
It's only $.25, not exactly a huge amount

If you don't have a credit card, just get a prepaid one

Did you not read that he said $10 not $.25?
ಠ_ಠ
I was one of the very first people to get invited as a beta tester. And I was directly invited by a mod/admin (I have no idea which one, but the invite told me so).

I just want you all to know that, because it boosts my ego knowing I'm so popular.
Quote by fearofthemark

That was directed at everyone whining about that in particular, including people I invited who made a big deal out of the $0.25.
Quote by fearofthemark
I just got the PM today. meh.

Yes, it would appear we are the "second wave" of Beta testers. Or maybe the people that got it for free were just alpha testers. Regardless, I guess anyone that got it today has to pay now.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Yes, it would appear we are the "second wave" of Beta testers. Or maybe the people that got it for free were just alpha testers. Regardless, I guess anyone that got it today has to pay now.

The free beta testers were people who won that Christmas competition, and a few people hand-picked by mods/admins. Each of us got 10 invite codes, which we could send to people so they could be testers, though they only got 3 days for free, and after that they had to do the .25/2 weeks thing, so the payment system could be tested.

The more you know!
I signed up to be a beta tester, got an invite, and then I'm like "wat" when they're asking me to pay to beta test.

By the way, this was over a month ago.
Last edited by Holy Katana at May 23, 2011,
Quote by Dirge Humani
The free beta testers were people who won that Christmas competition, and a few people hand-picked by mods/admins. Each of us got 10 invite codes, which we could send to people so they could be testers, though they only got 3 days for free, and after that they had to do the .25/2 weeks thing, so the payment system could be tested.

The more you know!

and you didn't give me an invite
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by Dirge Humani
I still have 3 left, lol.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Only part of it I like is the ad-free, because the ads literally cripple my use of the site (though I don't think I should pay just so I can use the site as it's been intended for years). The UG tabs thin is basically Guitar Pro/TuxGuitar, and backing tracks are easy enough to find online for free anyway.
Page 1 of 2