I was looking around on Craigslist and I saw a cheap listing for a guitar I could use as a backup/beater axe. I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket so I went for it. Not the fanciest guitar in the showroom but I might as well post it on here since I never get new gear. Okay that's a lie, but I hardly ever post it on here.

Price paid: $85

It's a Squier Affinity Strat.

Review: For the money I paid, the neck is surprisingly good. It's nice and slim and plays much faster than the Strat I just built. The neck and middle pickups aren't as bitey and bluesy as I'd hope from a Strat-style guitar, but I did pick this bad boy up for $85. The bridge pickup is actually really damn hot. I was surprised at how hot it is, frankly. It almost sounds like the thing was made for straight up high gain. It's got a lot of growl to it. The body is much lighter and slimmer than my Carvin Strat. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, especially for the price I paid.
Quote by Helicopters!
Wait, what the fuck? That's not my guitar...

I dont even know what to think anymore.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
lol this is hilarious.

good thing it wasn't pr0n.

happy new something day!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It's an Ibanez SA160, bitches!

It was made in Korea in 2001, which means that it has the nicer AS/AH pickups instead of the shitty Powersounds they used in 2000. Luckily it wasn't one of the Chinese models either The bridge pickup is super hot because it's a ceramic. This guitar is definitely a shredder.

Saw it on Craigslist for $60. The seller kind of gave me the run around for a couple days and I told her that I'd give her $85 if she'd meet me the next day. Within 10 minutes she offered a strap, picks, and a cable to go with it. These typically go for $300-350 on eBay, so I like to think I scored pretty hard. It plays like a beast already, but a good setup will make this thing a killer.

Last edited by Helicopters! at May 22, 2011,
Quote by sashki
Were you trying to do the whole suspenseful/semi-trolling thread thing?

HNGD anyway. Any guitar for $85 is a good deal.

You just took my wheaties and pissed all over them.
wait, you were looking on craigslist but found it in a music store by the marshalls?

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
wait, you were looking on craigslist but found it in a music store by the marshalls?

*sigh* this is as far as the journey goes, sadly. I met the seller at a local music shop and I figured it'd be my only opportunity for a while to get a pic of it in front of a marshall.
A more artsy picture; this one gives you a good idea of how glossy the body is.

I would've killed for a ZR trem on this thing but it's just a 2 point tremolo that for which I don't have the bar. I'll probably get around to blocking it once school gets out. It's sort of a mixed blessing; I don't have to fiddle with it as much but I don't have a really nice bridge. it was $85.

Quote by Helicopters!
You just took my wheaties and pissed all over them.

Sorry, it's a "pet peeve" of mine.

At least you didn't start with pictures of the box and the case with comments like "OH LOOK, WHAT HAVE WE HERE?"
Quote by sashki

At least you didn't start with pictures of the box and the case with comments like "OH LOOK, WHAT HAVE WE HERE?"

It came with neither, actually. You lucked out.
Here's a picture of it in the case I bought for my Bolt, though.

Another photo, in case anyone wants a closeup of the headstock.

This thread is hurting my thinking sphere o.O Happy new whatever is going on, lol!
Matthew 6:33

Uniting the World, One Bridge at a Time.
Wow. Sick find dude.
This is almost as good as the Ibanez RG570 I got for $120.
I almost wish I didn't sell that guitar, but it was well worth it. I sold it for $550 cause it was a pretty rare color. I bought an RG7421 w/ an Evo 7 with $215 of it, spent a bit on mods, spent a bit on random stuff, now i'm buying a Schecter Hellraiser 7 with the rest of the money.

I love buying used <3
Quote by sashki

I'll be sure to do this just for you when my new guitar comes in

Looks like you snagged a killer deal! HNGD!
Lol, you love taking pics. HNGD*2. Let me know how that feels when you set it up