Hi,

My guitar seems to be tuned when plucked individually on OPEN. But when I play a note on the high e string on the 7th fret it is out of tune. Does this mean i need to restring(strings ARE pretty rusty) or is their a problem with the fretboard or something?
Thanks for the reply, I adjusted the low e string's intonation and is now properly tuned. But i'm having trouble with the high e string. No matter how much i adjust the screws, it still won't change?

*I still havent restrung the guitar. Is this most likely the problem?
Quote by franchize92
Thanks for the reply, I adjusted the low e string's intonation and is now properly tuned. But i'm having trouble with the high e string. No matter how much i adjust the screws, it still won't change?

*I still havent restrung the guitar. Is this most likely the problem?

you should have restrung the guitar before you adjusted the saddles

old rusty strings just cause intonation problems, so you'll probably find you're gonna have to adjust everything all over again when you put the new strings on.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Just buy yourself a new set of strings, restringing most guitars is a fairly easy task and there's nothing better than the sound of a new pair of strings
Those rusty strings are going to break sooner or later anyway.
METAL!
Restring your guitar, tune, then check the intonation and make any adjustments where necessary.

/thread
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!