link

Quote by CBC
Hands-free video games that rely on brain waves to control the action are being developed by a Toronto company to help people learn to focus or relax their minds.

Interaxon, which specializes in "thought-controlled computing," has created games that train the brain to switch between producing alpha waves, linked to relaxation, and beta waves, linked to focusing.

A decade down the road, she said, "thought controlled technology is how we're going to be interacting with all aspects of our environment on a daily basis."

Anybody else thing this is pretty crazy stuff? It's not true telepathy, but that fact that we're now able to play games using our minds is pretty amazing. It is pretty basic, but I think its the start of eventually being able to do many things simply using our minds.

Thoughts?
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
I'd think of cake.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
A friend of mine was developing this for an Aus company.

I tried it last year.

Tis pretty cool... you got this head gear with electrodes. Before you play you go to a program and there is a cube suspended in space. One after another the computer will ask you to imagine things about the cube... ie. push the cube. The computer records the electrical signals sent by your brain... registers it so that when it picks up your signal for 'walk' your character will walk.

But its not perfected... and its heaps hard. (not to mention the signals vary from person to person). I spent ages trying to pick something up but got frustrated.
I just had to post this, didn't I.
That's pretty damn incredible. Everything has to start somewhere. The ADD treatment idea is awesome too.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at May 23, 2011,
Quote by E_Paradox
A friend of mine was developing this for an Aus company.

I tried it last year.

Tis pretty cool... you got this head gear with electrodes. Before you play you go to a program and there is a cube suspended in space. One after another the computer will ask you to imagine things about the cube... ie. push the cube. The computer records the electrical signals sent by your brain... registers it so that when it picks up your signal for 'walk' your character will walk.

But its not perfected... and its heaps hard. (not to mention the signals vary from person to person). I spent ages trying to pick something up but got frustrated.

Dang that's pretty sweet. Yeah, I figure they have a long ways to go yet.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Maybe now I wont suck at Guitar Hero.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Pretty sweet. Unfortunately you look like this

so........nothx.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Yeah its got a few kinks but it is awesome.

although i think everyones got the wrong idea... normally its only for puzzle and first person games... and you cant think 'cake' and cake appear unless you register that that thought is cake...

also whats annoying is that before you play you always ave to align the electrodes properly... kindof in a brain scan way
Quote by piratemetalhead
all video games are thought controlled and rely on brain waves :]

They react to thoughts but are not necessarily thought controlled.
Do not want. I have enough control over twitch reflexes that when a loud sound from, say, a rocket hitting next to me from an offscreen RPG-weilding enemy, I glance around to find the target first before bullet spamming at them with modern controls. With this I'd start spazzing out every time I spotted someone with a heavy weapon or a sniper rifle shooting at me.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by SRX700
link

Anybody else thing this is pretty crazy stuff? It's not true telepathy, but that fact that we're now able to play games using our minds is pretty amazing. It is pretty basic, but I think its the start of eventually being able to do many things simply using our minds.

Thoughts?

lol
Last edited by Smokegt2 at May 23, 2011,
I bet EA's marketing for Dragon Age 3 will be, "when you think a thought, some awesome has to happen, so thought, awesome -- now connected.", like with DA2 and button.(YT vid).