I'm in first year doing Accountancy, i passed everything quite well in semester 1 however in semester 2 i have not put in the work. I go to uni in Scotland, now i know very little about the actual system i'm in and how it works but let's pretend; i fail all 3 modules in semester two, will i be kicked out of University? allowed to retake each module in semester 3/4? or something else?

I'm going to go into my exam at 9am, and attempt to do whatever i can, i need something around 40-50% in my exam to pass one module so heres hoping.
Quote by due 07
You shouldn't have chosen such a boring subject.

that cheered me up, thankyou kind sir.

I have resorted to not even wasting 30minutes cramming jargon down my head, i'm quite lucky when it comes to a crash course in revising but..a whole module in 30 minutes-going to have a nice long 3 hours nap (i haven't slept a wink all night)
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Different institutions work differently. There's surely some literature on exams/resits on the uni's intranet or so?

I can't find anything telling me, and the website is rather poor in my opinion.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Then get in contact with someone in Student Support or whatever your uni calls it.

I have sent emails to each department, and the learning services. Just have to wait.

Going to need to sort out my student loan soon, so i would love to have an idea on what's happening.
I imagine they would put you on academic probation if you failed 3 classes. Call an advisor and ask.

Though to be honest, 50% isn't too hard to pull off on a test. Just cram your balls off for a few days, you'll forget everything immediately but you can probably retain enough to pass. I have a fair amount of experience passing classes without doing any work, and it's really not very hard at all.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
I imagine they would put you on academic probation if you failed 3 classes. Call an advisor and ask.

Though to be honest, 50% isn't too hard to pull off on a test. Just cram your balls off for a few days, you'll forget everything immediately but you can probably retain enough to pass. I have a fair amount of experience passing classes without doing any work, and it's really not very hard at all.

I can do that for Law.

Accounting is in an hour and 17minutes, and Economics i've been told there's no point in sitting the exams.

What would being on that mean?
Quote by blackflag49
Yes, make it up later.

Sorry i still a bit unsure of what you mean, If you mean retake the module then i'm unsure, i hope so-i've been told i can retake one module, it's just if i fail the other 2.
Quote by BassmasterGreg
I can do that for Law.

Accounting is in an hour and 17minutes, and Economics i've been told there's no point in sitting the exams.

What would being on that mean?

I've passed econ classes and I don't know ****ing anything about econ. Learn as many terms as you can, answer the questions you know first, guess for the ones you don't. Go for part marks. You can get almost every question wrong and still pass if you get part marks.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
At the end of the day, resitting/retaking the exam or module would perhaps be the best outcome..even though it might **** my loan up-unsure- i'd get the chance to go back and work and learn everything about the subject and module, rather then just edging it.
I mean like, say you just don't show up for the exam, and you email the professor later with an excuse, such as a car crash or a death in the family, or some other ridiculous thing. Might they allow you to take a rescheduled "make-up" exam in light of the extraordinary circumstances, thereby giving you more time to study? I only suggest this because I know several people who got away with it last semester, and it sounds like you're on the verge of failing anyway.
Quote by blackflag49
I mean like, say you just don't show up for the exam, and you email the professor later with an excuse, such as a car crash or a death in the family, or some other ridiculous thing. Might they allow you to take a rescheduled "make-up" exam in light of the extraordinary circumstances, thereby giving you more time to study? I only suggest this because I know several people who got away with it last semester, and it sounds like you're on the verge of failing anyway.

I woulds probably need to prove it, and i don't think they'd (the man) appreciate being lied too

As i said it wouldn't be the end of the world, i can always re-apply for the same course at the same uni/different uni or a different course
It'd be kinda scummy yeah, but I figured if you were desperate...

Honesty is usually the best policy.
Well an update

I'm going to have to take semester 3 out to resit the whole of semester 2 again, as the 2 subjects i am certain to fail are core. At least i;ll be able to learn something though-even if i will have to find my own funding for it. (I'm not totally sure about the effect on the tution fees for that semester or the next one, going to ring up SAAS this week)

If i do fail all 3 modules, i'll also have to send in a response to why i did so. I could get kicked off the course/university. (not too sure about this either or if i'll be able to reapply, waiting for a response)