I've been singing for a while. One of the things that I've found helps me a lot is to practice the "connection" with different parts of my body when I sing, by doing a stretch in that part of the body. It relieves muscular tension, and also makes it a lot easier to "think" into that region and exert some control over it.

So, some of the exercises I've been doing include stretching the hip joints. Here are some examples (which I found putting "hip stretch" into google images):

http://www.allaboutweybridge.co.uk/aaw/websites/physiotherapy/weybridge-walton/surrey/hip-stretch.gif

http://www.tracis.info/tracis.info.pictures/Outer%20Hip%20Stretch%20with%20Strap.jpg

They stretch one hip at a time. What happens is when I stretch my right hip, and try to "sing out" of my right hip, I get a very noticably stronger sound than when I stretch my left hip. I don't know whether this is because my right side is stronger than my left side, or because my right side has more tension than my left side. Does anybody have any ideas about how to work it out?

Whatever the problem is, I want to practice to even it out, and I have to do the opposite thing in each case (practice more on my left to improve strength and control there, or practice more on my right to relieve tension).

I know it's a very specific query and kinda out of place here, but thanks in advance for any advice.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
I just want to know, where are you preforming that you wouldn't look out of place stretching your hip?
well, at home, or in the music practice rooms at my university. I guess I look a little out of place there, but nevermind.

I have a friend who was once poked and asked if she was ok by a cleaner whilst doing some weird warming up exercises before a gig in a school hall. I haven't had that yet.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born: