Well, it seems i live in quite the classy area.

This will probably seem like a generic "bitch about Facebook" thread. But its got me thinking how depressing, low, and shallow some people are on how they all thrive off bitching, spreading rumors, knowing everything, bullying, and gossiping.

So ive just discovered my area, Hawkesbury has a few pages on Facebook. Not pages, more like, they have been created like people. You dont like these pages, you become friends with them. Basically, my area is the Hawkesbury, and in this area, we have places like Windsor, Richmond, and a few more places. These two places also have "Goss" pages.

What are these "Goss Pages"? Well, this was the description of the Hawkesbury page:
Send in inbox all the dirty little secrets you know about anyone or anything in the hawksbury dont worry no one will ever know who has said it

If you dont like the thing i say then just block me cause its not me its what the people of the hawksbury say and want ♥

So, you post secrets about people in this area, and these pages will do status updates telling the internet this secret.

What really disgusted me is that these pages are definitely no older than a week old, and they have over 1000 friends.

Is this just my area being a disgrace, or do other areas/countries have these pages. And what are your thoughts on this? Im appalled, im 17, still in high school, and could potentially be in this, but i refuse to have any part in this. I will not "friend" these pages. These pages can be so dangerous IMO.

This is also an outlet, cause i was gonna post a status on Facebook about this, but it seems most of my friends have "friended" these pages, and i dont want anything to do with it. So i thought id bitch and whine to you guys, who are slightly more sophisticated And this could be an interesting topic to discuss.

EDIT: Fixed up the OP a little. It looked incredibly messy.
Last edited by maiden03 at May 23, 2011,
If any of those added me, I'd just spam them with messages of how my mates love dick.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Gossip is the only way we can stop women from eating us after mating. It's evolution mate, face it...
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
There's one of these for my city. I friended it, just out of curiosity. I'll probably just have a look and then delete it to be honest. But it's pissing me off because I sent the request yesterday and it hasn't accepted me yet.

It's accepted other people since I sent the request. WHY YOU NO ACCEPT ME!?

I'm sure there's a Forever Alone comic in this somewhere.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at May 23, 2011,
Hawksbury eh...

I dunno about Sydney. I dont have facebook... but sydneys huge... suburbs would more likely have these.

Yeah that kinda sucks though. The internet de-sensitises people... its so much easier to say things accross the net than it is to say it to their faces.
I just had to post this, didn't I.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
If any of those added me, I'd just spam them with messages of how my mates love dick.

Oh god I was thinking that throughout the whole OP

But yeah I think it's kind of gross to be honest. People are right cunts.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Haha, id love to do the same, but they are taking this seriously.

Just a post from a few minutes ago:
19 year old (Insert actual name) got a hotel room for him and 15 year old (Insert other persons name) and was going to pay her $451 to lick her out and have anal for 3 hours, then he was going to take her to dinner and movies she never showed :/

Quote by CheezMeUp
Gossip is the only way we can stop women from eating us after mating. It's evolution mate, face it...

But this really isnt the way to do it. This will crush peoples social lives. It could depress people. What happened to the days when we would talk out our problems. Or fight them out. Both are more acceptable than posting extremely private information about people on the internet, for the whole community to see.
i really don't care.

deactivate your facebook if you want to stay away from 'XD'ers and fake hypocrites and gossip.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Some people suck. The psychology of it is that it gives em power...
I just had to post this, didn't I.
You're not allowed to be an organisation posing as a person on facebook. If you report it and get other people too, maybe they'll delete it.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by laid-to-waste
i really don't care.

deactivate your facebook if you want to stay away from 'XD'ers and fake hypocrites and gossip.

That wont stop them from posting. It will just mean i wont ever see what they post.

This is sad, but i dont think ive ever been happier to not be popular. It seems they are targeting, or receiving information about more popular people in the community.

Quote by McTodd
You're not allowed to be an organisation posing as a person on facebook. If you report it and get other people too, maybe they'll delete it.

I think one of the pages have been removed.

See, i remember these pages from a long time ago, they must have got taken down, but recently been bought back.
This is just stupid, although if they started telling really private/embarrassing things about people could the page be reported and taken down?
Quote by guitar12
This is just stupid, although if they started telling really private/embarrassing things about people could the page be reported and taken down?

Ive reported. Not sure how many other people have though. Seems to be a lot of love for the pages...

EDIT: So i found out there are at least 8 of these pages.

Ive reported, but thats all i can do.

I also went on to read that its been sorted by the local Police at one stage, but no action was taken as there was no "Real Crime" being committed. What a load of BS!
Last edited by maiden03 at May 23, 2011,
ITT: TS doesn't conform and wants people to be proud...

If you don't want to be friends with them then don't, no need to bitch to us about it
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
People are insidious, gossiping wankers. Welcome to the real world.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
And this is why I deactivated my Facebook. It's just depressing with the arduous status updates and constant bitching and gossip.
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by kbabz22

If you don't want to be friends with them then don't, no need to bitch to us about it

Dear lord this.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by kbabz22

Im not being a little dick. Not conforming can be good, in moderation.

I merely posted this as a discussion topic, not for you all to be "proud" of me for not joining.
There's one in my area too. Its full of people saying that everyone who attends X school is gay and that the people who attend Y school are totally going to smash them at the skate park on Monday. It's mostly just harmless, childish bullshit
Quote by kbabz22

ITT: People who can't read.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by JetPackBlues
There's one in my area too. Its full of people saying that everyone who attends X school is gay and that the people who attend Y school are totally going to smash them at the skate park on Monday. It's mostly just harmless, childish bullshit

Little bit of that here too, but i read some pretty harsh stuff. Probably too rude for this site too. What i posted earlier was pretty bad too...
Two girls from my School were suspended for a while after making one about the school, spreading gossip and what not.

What I found despicable was one girl offered to sell the other one out in order to get herself a lesser punishment. She didn't know she was incriminating herself as well.

God, what an idiot.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
I find it absolutely hilarious that someone came up with this idea and went through with it. Would I believe anything on there? Doubt it. Would I send in absurd, far-fetched things about my friends? Probably. Nothing harmful, though.

edit: My University has a similar page. All the lulz with absolutely none of the retarded damage, though. It's just 'things overheard at [my school]. Some golden posts in that once, actually.

Canadians are so polite.
Last edited by JC13 at May 23, 2011,
I love these things. In Ireland there was a fad going on a few weeks ago where all of the country's uni's put up pages that contained picture of people getting off with each other in each colleges local bars and clubs. Pretty amusing when you find pictures of your mates making out with really rough looking girls.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Bro, they are old news Campbelltown Goss, Appin Goss, Camden Goss all got closed down months ago.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
See, they could be things where you could make fun of each other, in a good manner, like some of the users above stated, but its ridiculous how they are doing it.

^^ Yeah, i thought so. But they have been relaunched again. And are going pretty strong. Hopefully they get shut down soon.
Quote by maiden03
Ive reported. Not sure how many other people have though. Seems to be a lot of love for the pages...

EDIT: So i found out there are at least 8 of these pages.

Ive reported, but thats all i can do.

I also went on to read that its been sorted by the local Police at one stage, but no action was taken as there was no "Real Crime" being committed. What a load of BS!

Sue for defamation.
Here's some news for all you kids who were too young to remember pre-Facebook times:

People are EXACTLY THE SAME whether they have the internet or not. People were just as bitchy ten years ago as they are now, and twenty years ago, etc etc...

Now can we please move on? If you don't like Facebook, don't use it. If you don't like a person, ignore them. If it's breaking the law or the terms of use, report it.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Wow, I just realized how lucky my area is...

Our school has three pages like that. Except, they're not really like the ones you described. Two of them are for complimenting others, the other is for posting pictures pictures of the most attractive students (these are all ran by students).
Damn I searched for a page about the area I live and couldn't find one

But yeah while I think it is totally normal for people to be curious, and can understand why people would follow the page, things like this are both hurtful and wrong. Facebook should be banning them immediately as keeping them around will cause bigger problems in the future.