Hello everybody,

My question, are lower end guitars (ie, Ibanez NONE Prestige, Epiphone, LTD, Cort) are good to play live?

Please specific answer for Ibanez none prestige

Thank you
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Fender Startocaster American Standard
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
There is no specific answer.

Any guitar that holds tune, plays well, sounds great, and is comfortable to you, can be used live. The name on the headstock is irrelevant... unless you want to impress with how much money you spent.

FYI: Your chops will do more for you than a brand name headstock.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
of course. My live guitar is the schecter in my sig. It was $250 used in near mint condition, holds tuning through a whole set and sounds amazing in just about any genre. Price doesnt determine how a guitar will hold up
I gigged with my Epiphone Explorer for 8 years and have never had an issue with it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
My Chemical Romance use Epiphones, Oasis used Epiphones, Clapton uses a mexican Fender sometimes, Avril Lavigne uses Squiers, Iron Maiden have used modded Squiers occasionally, almost every indie, emo and alternative band uses mexican Fenders and lots of metal bands use LTDs and Schecters. Like others say, so long as it holds tune, sounds how you want it to sound and plays comfortably then you're good to go. Anyone more than three rows back can't see your headstock and almost nobody in the crowd knows or cares about the difference between a Squier and a Fender anyway.
Quote by Auriemma
There is no specific answer.

Any guitar that holds tune, plays well, sounds great, and is comfortable to you, can be used live. The name on the headstock is irrelevant... unless you want to impress with how much money you spent.

FYI: Your chops will do more for you than a brand name headstock.

this.

and another FYI - nobody cares how much money you spent either, so buying a brand name guitar just to impress people is pointless. you use what works for you, because it's you who is going to be playing it.

TS, if you think your guitars are good enough to gig with, then they are. you set your own standards

edit: plaing?!? playing. lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at May 23, 2011,
Pre-Katrina, there was a well-respected bluesman who had been playing in the French Quarters for a decade plus on a Squier and a no-name tube amp, both of which he lost in the flooding. He has other, high-end guitars and amps, but none that delivered the sound that he wanted to deliver onstage.

(I don't know what he's playing these days.)

Brand names and prices are just guidelines, not guarantees. Even a well-respected brand can serve up a lemon, and even the low-end of the market can cough up a gem.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 23, 2011,
Ibanez RG120. Just block off the trem to keep it in tune.

Rg120
- Agathis body [definitely not as bad as people say]
- Rosewood fretboard on a thin Wizard II neck
- FAT10 tremolo, which MUST be blocked off to keep it in tune
- INF3 and 4 humbuckers [HH]
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Every guitar is "gigable", just keep it in tune.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
MCR uses Elitists (MIJ Epiphones). Years ago Squires were made in Japan and were really pretty good substitutes for Fender, while some are OK they are now for the most part baby brothers to the MIM line.
You can use what ever you want to play live. However, hearing some young bands live sound, it's pretty evident that your average $200 guitar is not going to sound amazing unless the PUs have been swapped out.
Yes sometimes even the big names produce a turd but in general you get what you pay for, & I have a hard time sympathizing with someone who bought a guitar after seeing & playing it first and then complains afterwards.
Pro's don't just use guitars for the name on the headstock, the realiability factor, the superior sound of a well crafted instrument comes into play as well.
Moving on.....
Glen drover, ex megadeth, eidolon, played ltd horizon guitars live.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
But you can't put all LTDs in the "low end" category. I mean, a LTD M-1000 is lightyears ahead of, say, and M-10 in terms of quality.
I have no sig
Thank you all, you really relieved me
i'm performing my first gig and my main guitars are Ibanez RG350EX & Cort CR280 which i'm in love with them

thank you
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Fender Startocaster American Standard
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
Well don't change now. The last thing you need is to start with a new instrument on your first gig.
I gig using my cort, i chucked emgs in it cos they suit my sytle of music but like people have said its how you play not the name on the headstock that matters, hell im planning on using my 130 quid epiphone at an upcoming gig :P!