In GP5 I have that part that I put in and I hold down a chord and let it ring out (RSE with distortion) but it doesn't stop where I want it to. So I'm wondering if their is anyway to stop it at a certain point.

Edit: check file please
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Last edited by brandon2784 at May 23, 2011,
Just tie the notes. Or you could put a rest, or a very quiet muted note at the point you want it to stop.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
you could put in a key at that point on the tab and turn the volume of the track to zero.. there are other solutions.

I would say what wahle has suggested is best. Tie the ringing chord to another chord exactly the same, which doesn't have "let ring" checked.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Tie the notes and fill the bars with rests. It will stop on the last note you typed in.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Let me give an example... Don't steal my shit yo! Idk if there is a better way to tab this or not... I'm kinda just using gp to file my riffs so I don't forget.

Edit: The example is in one of the newer posts as I accidentally uploaded the wrong version.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Quote by EnyoAdonai
you could put in a key at that point on the tab and turn the volume of the track to zero.. there are other solutions.

I would say what wahle has suggested is best. Tie the ringing chord to another chord exactly the same, which doesn't have "let ring" checked.

I don't know if that would work in this specific situation.. Check the file.

Edit:

Quote by G.Krizzel
Do a barrel roll!

Wow!?!?!? Amazing!?!?! That did the trick!

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Apart from it sounds like it is directly ripped from an all that remains song I can't see whats wrong with it.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by link no1
Apart from it sounds like it is directly ripped from an all that remains song I can't see whats wrong with it.

Name song.

I accidentally uploaded the wrong version... here is the new one.
Attachments:
Riff 4.gp5

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Not sure from the top of my head what it reminded of

Possibly somthing from the new album, 'we won't go quietly' or 'faithless' or something I dunno. I know if somebody showed me it I would instantly think its ATR.

OT Can you be more specific with the note you want stopping or w/e?
Quote by link no1
Not sure from the top of my head what it reminded of

Possibly somthing from the new album, 'we won't go quietly' or 'faithless' or something I dunno. I know if somebody showed me it I would instantly think its ATR.

OT Can you be more specific with the note you want stopping or w/e?

While I actually made it before that album came out, and the second chord ringing part. Where it rings over the palm mutes.

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Actually, If you mean that '2' at the start of bar 2 just put an 'x' where you want the ring to stop.

Edit: I posted while you replied xD

And it just sounds very All That Remainsy. Can't say what album specifically, not listend to the new one much and not listened to the old ones properly since I saw them live since the recordings will never as friggin' awesome.

Phil squirted me in the face...With water...I can still turn it dirty....
Last edited by link no1 at May 23, 2011,
Quote by G.Krizzel
Do a barrel roll!

Nice one, Peppy
Check out my Black/Death metal band!
galadh.bandcamp.com

Quote by StewieSwan
I had unprotected sex with an underage, pro-life, christian girl. Beat that.

Quote by link no1
Actually, If you mean that '2' at the start of bar 2 just put an 'x' where you want the ring to stop.

Edit: I posted while you replied xD

And it just sounds very All That Remainsy. Can't say what album specifically, not listend to the new one much and not listened to the old ones properly since I saw them live since the recordings will never as friggin' awesome.

Phil squirted me in the face...With water...I can still turn it dirty....

Ah lol

Edit: well a small amount of time before making this I would listen to Overcome like 2+ times a day lol, and they are my idol band kinda so I'll take that as a compliment rather then an insult.

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

*Shrugs*

I got bored, sorry.

I don't really like the riff. It's boring so the inspiration from it became so.

EDIT: I thought this thread was requesting something else. My bad. I put the note ties in.
Attachments:
Riff 4.gp5