I've always liked the Les Paul shape, and I've had my Japanese 70s copy for about 5 years, which has been fine for rhythm, but it's really not suited for lead. My LTD H-250 has been the perfect guitar for lead due to the thin neck profile, short scale length and thru-neck contoured for easy access to the high frets.

What I'm really looking for is a Les Paul with those kind of specs. Preferably a relatively thin neck profile (closer to a strat size) but most importantly I'm after something with a shaped join between the neck and body. My LTD has a thru-neck where the join has been shaped and carved for your hand to perfectly glide to the highest fret without and problems, no big lump of wood in the way.

Models I've looked at already are the ESP Eclipse II and LTD EC1000fm, if anyone has any other suggestions that'd be great
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
Keep an eye out for the JDM ESP Eclipse, it has the nice neck you like but with the proper LP shape.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Budget? Lots of custom builders make Les Pauls with carved heels. Gibson make the Les Paul Axcess. For lower end guitars I believe I'm right in saying that Michael Kelly and Schecter have made single cutway guitars with carved heels but I'm not 100% certain.
I'm not really in a position to buy right now, so I'm just looking to see the possibilities really I'll check out some Schecter stuff, although it's never really been too appealing to me so far..
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart

The Eclipse sounds like your guitar. The EC1000 is nearly as good, but if you're not in a hurry to buy, the Eclipse is worth saving for.
Quote by Roc8995
The Eclipse sounds like your guitar. The EC1000 is nearly as good, but if you're not in a hurry to buy, the Eclipse is worth saving for.

The Distressed Eclipse II is what I found to match the colour I'm after, and my experience with ESPs and LTDs has always been good. What I can't tell from any pictures or anything is whether it has the carved heel... Anyone know if it does?
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart