Looking for a 7 string guitar. Deciding between the following:

ESP Horizon NT 7(non tremolo)
Ibanez RG Prestige
Dean Rusty Cooley sig
Schecter Hellraiser C-7

Any one had experience with any of these? I do have an ESP Horizon NT II 6 string which I love, and changing tunings on a hardtail is ALOT easier, so I'm leaning towards the Horizon NT 7 or the Hellraiser C-7 hardtail, are they good guitars? What's peoples opinions on the listed guitars? Any others I should look at?
If you can afford the ESP, that. Incredible guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
If you can afford the ESP, that. Incredible guitar.

Money is not an object You make it sound soooo convincing too!
Get the ESP.

Hands down one of the nicest guitars I have ever played ( I also played a Horizon NT-II and fell in love with it, I want one so badly ) and the neck on it is pretty much the perfect 7 string neck to me now I cant cope with the Wizards.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Get the ESP.

Hands down one of the nicest guitars I have ever played ( I also played a Horizon NT-II and fell in love with it, I want one so badly ) and the neck on it is pretty much the perfect 7 string neck to me now I cant cope with the Wizards.

What is the neck like? I haven't played a 7 string but I like the necks to be smooth and not too thick, not too thin.
Depends on your personal taste I personally prefer the schecter Try and test all of them before deciding...
If it were LTD Vs Schecter I wouldn't laugh at you...

but the ESP eats the other guitars on that list for breakfast ( bar maybe the 1527 if you want a very thin neck )

Quote by Megadeth09
What is the neck like? I haven't played a 7 string but I like the necks to be smooth and not too thick, not too thin.

Its very nice, imagine your current neck but slightly wider and with a slightly softer U profile to compensate for that extra width. Its just a wider and slightly shallower Thin U.

Very natural and comfortable.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
If it were LTD Vs Schecter I wouldn't laugh at you...

but the ESP eats the other guitars on that list for breakfast ( bar maybe the 1527 if you want a very thin neck )

Its very nice, imagine your current neck but slightly wider and with a slightly softer U profile to compensate for that extra width. Its just a wider and slightly shallower Thin U.

Very natural and comfortable.

I'm hesitant to get a Floyd Rose at the moment, as I do like thicker gauge strings and being able to change tunings easily. When I restrung my Ibanez RG250EX with thicker strings I was ripping my hair out... That said, I won't rule out a FR guitar as long as it's a proper on that will stay in tune.
for some reason i noticed you were from Australia and read that whole OP like Steve Irwin...

but... ESP . easily out of those ... but if money really is no option, look into getting something custom made.
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by Megadeth09
I'm hesitant to get a Floyd Rose at the moment, as I do like thicker gauge strings and being able to change tunings easily. When I restrung my Ibanez RG250EX with thicker strings I was ripping my hair out... That said, I won't rule out a FR guitar as long as it's a proper on that will stay in tune.

Well if you want to consider something with a floyd but your willing to drop that sort of money on an ESP Horizon 7...

Ibanez J Custom

Nothing else out there can seriously compare to these things if your after a Trem'd 7 string guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^That guitar sure looks and sounds amazing. Ibanez J Customs are really good. Haven't tried one myself, but I've heard em a lot and seen too.

But if you're looking for a hardtail, ESP is easily best out of those if you do not like the thinner neck that Ibanez Prestige has. That's pretty much what Tom said and he is right too. And well, you won't probably need to tune a 7-string that much. After all, the lowest string is B, which is pretty "chugga chugga" to me.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at May 23, 2011,
The J Custom is amazing if your looking for a trem guitar and have the money. It's extremely stable trem unit and you can do some minor tuning changes if you increase the tension in the zps system. Not to mention it's an incredibly well built guitar that will last and age perfectly with care!
Quote by Sakke
^That guitar sure looks and sounds amazing. Ibanez J Customs are really good. Haven't tried one myself, but I've heard em a lot and seen too.

But if you're looking for a hardtail, ESP is easily best out of those if you do not like the thinner neck that Ibanez Prestige has. That's pretty much what Tom said and he is right too. And well, you won't probably need to tune a 7-string that much. After all, the lowest string is B, which is pretty "chugga chugga" to me.

I got put off Floyd Rose's after having to restring my RX350EX to a higher gauge string... Wasted alot of time and perfectly new strings in the process lol.

Surprised to see the ESP smoking the competition, I thought it would be a close fight with the Schecter Hellraiser C-7 which is several hundred dollars cheaper!

What's the general consensus on the thin Ibanez necks? Is too thin a bad thing for bending etc??
You need to play them mate.

If you want a trem and your willing to pay big money, go for a JC 7, if you decide you want a hard tail, take the ESP.

The necks are a hugely subjective matter and we can really help you over the web.

Ibanez 7 necks, if its a high end guitar are great, but they are very thin with a pronounced profile, a flat spot with a definitive "edge" to the neck.

The ESP neck is slightly thicker and much softer in profile round the back of the neck.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
You need to play them mate.

If you want a trem and your willing to pay big money, go for a JC 7, if you decide you want a hard tail, take the ESP.

The necks are a hugely subjective matter and we can really help you over the web.

Ibanez 7 necks, if its a high end guitar are great, but they are very thin with a pronounced profile, a flat spot with a definitive "edge" to the neck.

The ESP neck is slightly thicker and much softer in profile round the back of the neck.

Would love to try them out personally, but here in Australia, guitar selection is very limited... I will be buying from abroad.
Go for either depending upon which you decide what bridge you want.

Either way you know the quality will be very high and consistent and the price will remain stable should you wish to sell it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
What about a Bernie Rico Jr Jekyll?
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
I love Schecters more then any guitars (other then Ibanez, Prestige models make me jizz) and even I know that the ESP is WAY better then any guitar on that list. If you don't want a trem, go with the Horizon.
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Since you already have an ESP and you therefore are used to the neck profile it should be the obvious choice since it's by far the best of the ones listed.
If you're willing to try a thin neck and a trem go for the Ibanez Tom posted. Amazing guitar!