Poll: what is your favorite kind of nut?
Poll Options
View poll results: what is your favorite kind of nut?
yes
88 68%
no
41 32%
Voters: 129.
Page 1 of 4
have you ever had a teacher say something so off that you've lost just a bit of respect for anyone who teaches that subject? things that, due to their supposed knowledge of the subject they teach, they should have known better than to say? here's a couple of examples to let you know what i mean.

1. last semester in my Intro to Anthropology class we were discussing polygyny in Africa, and as luck would have it, we had a kid in that class from Ghana. he talked about how his father has several wives and all. the teacher as a couple of questions about the way they lived together, including how their huts were grouped. she was genuinely surprised to find that not only did his family not live in huts, but that he had never even seen a hut in his life and wasn't even entirely sure what they were.

2. i had been discussing the topic of my research paper with my Intro to Sociology teacher, and i said that i wanted to discuss non-Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) in the United States. specifically, i wanted to discuss Hinduism, Buddhism, and Paganism and examine the sociological characteristics of Americans involved with these religions. he kept referring to them as "cults." so pretty much he's comparing two of the largest religions in the world today and essentially the oldest religion in the world (due to the inclusion of most pre-Abrahamic religions under the umbrella of paganism) to something like the Peoples Temple. i could understand labeling modern Neopaganism as being somewhat of a cult, but historical polytheistic or folk religions? no way, considering that since the dawn of religion to the beginning of Judaism pretty much the entire population of the world would fall under that category. and Hinduism and Buddhism? no way.

so Pit, any of you ever had any similar experiences?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
This one time, this science teacher like fiddled with my willy and I lost a bit of respect for him.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
This one time, this science teacher like fiddled with my willy and I lost a bit of respect for him.

/thread
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212
Quote by PotBellyShogun
>he still goes to school[/COLOR

i'm guessing from your threads you dropped out of high school? yeah, you're cool.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Dropped out, got a job, have my own place, earning money...

you just have to remember 3 things

kill people, burn shit but most importantly, **** school
Quote by demon.guitarist
My geography teacher said to the class: 'Now lets be honest, 'A*-B' grades are the only grades that really count.'

I'm getting A grades - but this still pissed me off as it alienated half the class.

But sadly it is true.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
My French teacher in High School said to the class once: "Do what you want. I don't care, I still get my salary"
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by PotBellyShogun

lol, have fun with your sub-par wages

wait, UK?

At least you're not in the US, McDonalds needs a High School Diploma now, to cook shit food.
Quote by PotBellyShogun

you've just explained how wars start, thank you.
Quote by PotBellyShogun

I was going to make a condescending remark to this post but it appears I've been beaten to it various times.
Quote by Silent Murder
But sadly it is true.

It is. If you don't have over a 3.0 in highschool, you get screwed out of a lot of opportunities and scholarships for college.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
hang on what does the poll have to do with anything? It doesnt even make sense anyway.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
hang on what does the poll have to do with anything? It doesnt even make sense anyway.

i just felt like making an unrelated poll. but it's a reference to something.
Once my nutrition teacher (who primarily teaches junior high history and geography) began talking about all the unrest in Egypt back before Mubarak stepped down. I said something like "Yeah, just another reason not to go to Africa." She looked at me pretty funny, and said,

"But Egypt is in Europe."
"Erm, no it isn't."
"Yes it is, I'm sure of it."

So I walk to to the front of the class, pull down the map from the top of the whiteboard, and had to point out where Egypt was on a map. To a social studies teacher

Another time during Drivers Ed, we were talking about how it's actually odd for people to drive on the right side of the road vs. the left, because most countries apparently drive on the left. We had a guy in our class who's parents were from Kenya, but he had been born and raised here in Canada. So the teacher, thinking he'd get some class insight, decided to ask him,
"So what side of the road do they drive on where you're from?"
At first no one knew what he was talking about, until we realized he was talking to the only person in the class that wasn't white. Since he was born in Canada, he just said "The right?" looking kind of puzzled. Then it just went downhill from there.

"No I mean, in the country you come from, what side of the road do they drive on?"
"In Canada, we drive on the right side."
"No but, in the country you were born in, what side of the road do they drive on?"
"I've lived in Canada all my life. So, the right side."
"No, I don't think you understand. In the African country you came fro-"
"I'M NOT FROM ****ING AFRICA"

Then he stormed out of the room, and no one knew whether to laugh or gasp or what. He's usually pretty comfortable with his colour since he's one of like ten black people in my whole town (once he got kicked out of a library for having chocolate milk near the computers, and he asked "If it was white milk could it stay?" smiling the whole time), but I guess this guy just struck a nerve with his incredible thick-headedness and ignorance.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at May 23, 2011,
my chemistry told the class that he believes that there are chambers in the core of the earth where demons and lost souls are. (yes, i do go to a catholic school)

i shit you not.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
A teacher at my college, who I used to really like and enjoyed his classes, told me that I was lazy and am never going to achieve anything in my life. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing a teacher should say to any of their students. I always get consistently good grades too :/

Ah well the jokes on him, I just got accepted into Uni
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

My school used to have assemeblies (Don't know if thats how it's spelt) and it was a week before the OFSTED Inspection, which lasts for a week or so.

When we were in the assembly hall the head of year said something like "just calm down for this week only as we have OFSTED coming to evaluate the school, after their gone you can go back to normal"

May i add that "normal" was a ****in' catastrophe and the fact that the head of year knew that, was disgusting.
I lost mad respect for the School, all they cared about was their reputation and not the students.
Quote by demon.guitarist
My geography teacher said to the class: 'Now lets be honest, 'A*-B' grades are the only grades that really count.'

I'm getting A grades - but this still pissed me off as it alienated half the class.

Be fair, he has a point. Just so happens that half the class needs to pull their finger out and do some work. Or they're just thick.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by demon.guitarist

In my experience, all geography teachers are giant dicks.
Well this doesn't have to do with a teacher, but it happened in class.

We were in study hall and I was sitting behind this slow girl and out of no where she was like "guess what?, I can speak panda!"
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at May 23, 2011,
Music teacher at school started talking about the Eurovision, saying she was disappointing France didn't win because they were very professional musically or something like that. And one of my friends basically said "I thought they sucked".

And then she just lashed out.

"Who are you to judge them, do you have 40 years of musical education like I do??!?"
and similar stuff. After she finished her rant about how her opinion is better than everyone else's, she basically said "There won't be anymore lessons this year, bye bye".

Also the post above me reminded this bizarre thing. It's completely Off Topic, but I was walking down the street last Saturday, when two girls approached me and said "Your dick is like the Eiffel Tower". I stared awkwardly at them, and said "That's cool", to which they replied "Yep!".
Last edited by Shinami at May 23, 2011,
no nuts are my favorite.

and yes, I've no respect for many of my teachers. few have shown any competence in their subjects, and those few I hold in the highest regard. the most stand out example of late is probably my Art History teacher. for one, he knew essentially nothing about history. a guy in our class kept correcting him on various mistakes. then he would say shit like centaurs were real and that the heart and brain were made of the same type of muscle... The "tests" he had were ridiculously abstract take home things. I stopped worrying about how much I would actually learn in that class and just crammed as much arbitrary crap into my papers as I could. I got an A for all three quarters.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
In my experience, all geography teachers are giant dicks.

Kinda weird, all the ones that I've had were awesome
The one we have now just hands out summaries and lets us go after about 15 minutes, it's awesome.
We had one of out uni lecturers get completely slaughtered and tell the whole group to f*ck off and die.
A bloody clever bloke, with a golden sense of humour, but had far too much to drink that particular evening. Not really professional of him on a university fieldtrip.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
My teacher was talking about famous ill people and claimed Stephen Hawking was an American Chemist who has Parkinson's.

Don't worry though, he's only a General Studies teacher, which is a compulsory subject at my college and means absolutely **** all.
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at May 23, 2011,
Quote by maiden_man_666
My teacher was talking about famous ill people and claimed Stephen Hawking was an American Chemist who has Parkinson's

In Sunday school this week no one in my group even knew who he was.
>mfw

EDIT: this was mostly people between twenty and thirty years old
sunbather is shit
Quote by beefcake122
In Sunday school this week no one in my group even knew who he was.
>mfw

EDIT: this was mostly people between twenty and thirty years old

Oh dear
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Well this doesn't have to do with a teacher, but it happened in class.

We were in study hall and I was sitting behind this slow girl and out of no where she was like "guess what?, I can speak panda!"

that reminds me of this one dumb blonde from my high school in my senior year. my high school was almost entirely white, but there happened to be two black kids in the freshman class. now, these two kids looked nothing alike, but one day this blonde girl goes up to them and asks if they are related. just cause they were both black.

in my freshman year, there was something else i remember with the same girl. she was in my social studies class, and we were learning about Saudi Arabia. the teacher had served in the army, and he had been stationed near Riyadh. he told us about Deera Square, which is a place where public executions are performed. he told us that it is often referred to as "Chop Chop Square." the girl then said "wait a minute, why do they chop them into squares?" everyone of course laughed, and she had no idea why.
One of my teachers spends the whole lesson talking about her son.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
I failed my first semester in gym. Let me explain before you all start giggling until your asses fall off.

Basically, the course I had only allowed 6 hours worth of total absences throughout the semester. Every time a student was late or absent, it would be noted down.

Normally, we have an online service for different reasons (including checking our current grades), and one use of it was to check how many hours you lost per class.

As it turns out, the gym teacher didn't put his students' hours on it. This made it hard to keep count of how many hours you've lost in gym class, or in my case, know that there was a mistake in the counting (because I was always present).

One day, I arrive in front of his desk to give him my attendance, only for him to tell me that if I was late once more, I was no longer allowed to come to class, which is bullshit because I was always on time (we were allowed to be a little late as long as we were under 10 minutes late). Obviously I was shocked and confused and told him immediately that there was a mistake.

No dice.

I was terribly lucky to get caught in a blizzard the week after

I've never had a good chemistry with gym teachers
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
Quote by demon.guitarist

He's right though :/ Although he should have said "A* - C", as C is generally the cut off for most further education. Maybe he was being a bit of a dick about it, but he is right.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I was in Politics before the AV Referendum and, because it's an AS class, I was the only person old enough to vote. My teacher asked me which way I'd vote and I said I wasn't sure yet. She said told me I'd be a moron if I didn't vote no. I ended up voting no, but it properly pissed me off.
hello
Quote by theogonia777
not only did his family not live in huts, but that he had never even seen a hut in his life and wasn't even entirely sure what they were.

If he didn't know what a hut was, how could he know he didn't live in one?

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

My history teacher in 10th grade told me :

"Humans are the only species that wage wars between themselves."

Not only is this completely untrue (just look at ants, for chrissakes!), but the tone he used to say this, it was like he thought he was revealing a philosophical truth.

I told him that in fact, dolphins kill one another for fun, so his statement was invalid. He leered at me, and resumed the class. I didnt really have any respect for him in the first place, all he did was read out of the class book, but this event assured me of his stupidity.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
Page 1 of 4