I'm using a JVM at the moment and whilst then gain on tap is fine, I'm looking for something that will just tighten up that sound and maybe push it a little further.

So far I've been looking at MXR's and I'm trying to get my hands on some T-Rex pedals to try out. Any other suggestions? My main sound is Zakk Wylde/Tremonti. Budget around £100.

Thanks!
Funny words.
i use an ibanez ts9 for this purpose and it works very well.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by WtrPlyr
The Maxon OD808 is very crappy built, better get one of the other 1000 tubescreamer clones.

Finally! Somebody who agrees with me!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Your about to get 298458485 reccomendations and honestly if your using it just to tighten up your sound the difference between them all wont be as big as you might be lead to believe.
I like the Ibanez TS9. But I've heard good things about the MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive.

Your best bet is to try different overdrives. What's good for one person, might not be so good for another.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by WtrPlyr
The Maxon OD808 is very crappy built, better get one of the other 1000 tubescreamer clones.

Yea, despite that Maxon built the original tubscreamer for Ibanez.

TS: Check out the Way Huge Green Rhino.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

That doesn't mean anything.

The Maxon OD808s they've been churning out ever since they separated from Ibanez are a far cry from the originals.

They're not even an 808 circuit - they're a TS10!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
on the cheap, BBE Green Scramer all you need, better than most other OD's that cost double. buy from an auth dealer on ebay.

i really also like way huge's green rhino.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by i_am_metalhead

...which has no bearing on what he said.
effectrode tube drive
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by trashedlostfdup
on the cheap, BBE Green Scramer all you need, better than most other OD's that cost double. buy from an auth dealer on ebay.

i really also like way huge's green rhino.

the green screamer is pretty expensive here.

a lot of those budget US brands come over here and the price about doubles. I don't know why the hell anyone buys them

for a budget over here a tonerider american od is probably one of the better bets. supposedly very close (if not identical) to a ts9, but with true bypass.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?