Page 1 of 2
I haven't found a thread about these guys and I just think they deserve to be more noticed. I only found out about these guys like last week but I think they're pretty sick.

I just asked yesterday on some forum about when the EP was coming out and they replied personally to my post with some new info which was quite nice of them.

Yo! We're hoping to post a new song in the next week or so; just waiting to get the mastering dialed in and sent back over to us. The new song in question will be our heaviest and darkest song so far. No final release date for the whole thing yet though

As for the track list, we did decide to include Glass Faces and Aviation, but we also removed a new instrumental track that was going to be on it. That one was in question anyways because we're still debating on whether to add vocals to it or not. So the EP will include 7 tracks: Treetops, Aviation, The Sound of Glaciers Moving, Red Sky Harbor (with vocals and a new chorus!!), Glass Faces, Mute Swan (short instrumental), and Blood Petals.

And Plini nailed it with what we've been up to ^^. We thought we had everything under wraps earlier but decided that we needed more time to be satisfied with everything.

Happy to see people are as excited as i am about the release, it's been too long since we posted any new songs. We'll start getting those tabs in shape immediately after too!

Chris

And in case you haven't heard them,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ku4atserGA

Check out their youtube page as well if you're interested, they've got some pretty sick clips in their video blogs http://www.youtube.com/user/coreliaband
Love what I've heard from this band so far, and I can't wait for the EP.

I love that the singer doesn't really try to be overly flashy with vocals. He comes up with cool melodies as well.
7 seconds in before I started laughing.

EDIT: Maybe it's a sign I should go listen to 7 Seconds.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I was thinking about making a thread on them a while ago. I don't remember them having a vocalist or having one "L" in their name though. Maybe they removed one to avoid a Lucasfilm lawsuit.
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
Treetops is their best song.

why?

because Spencer's in it which gives us more time to listen to him and not their main singer.

the main dude has a good growling voice but his singing is so damn corny =/
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
It's like of Manowar were a djent band. Not sure if want.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
No.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by jetfuel495
Aren't these the guys that sound like periphery, except, you know, good?

Isn't Periphery the band that sounds like Meshuggah, except, you know, good?
Quote by TheBDanAbstract
Isn't Periphery the band that sounds like Meshuggah, except, you know, good?

No.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Jako215
Why compare these guys to Periphery? They sound nothing alike. Just listen to them because they are great musicians.

This

I'm getting annoyed that every new djent band is being compared to Periphery. Give it a rest already, they sound nothing alike.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Actually I would say that Periphery sounds like Meshuggah about as much as Corelia sounds like Periphery. Take that however you will. But I still disagree. I don't think Periphery is really all that special.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by punkforlife93
I read this guy's username and thought he was Seb for a second, which would have been really depressing.

I did the same thing. Isn't Seb an Aussie though?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I don't think Periphery is really all that special.

I agree, periphery are actually as much wank as Misha Mansoor

Great band btw
Corelia is sick. Why does it matter who they sound like? Forget genre. Good music speaks for itself.
Ooo, I love this band.

How do they sound anything like Periphery?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Totally unrelated, but my friend at the student radio just contacted me and wants me to help interview Corelia for our radio shows. Guess who is stupidly amped right now?
Serious question.

Why does this have to be in the metal forum and bands like The Human Abstract/BTBAM/ect don't?

I don't get the difference.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I'm just wondering...
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
BTBAM, Protest and THA all had technical/progressive metalcore roots, not so with these dudes. Those other bands started off with slight to big punk influence. These guys have none.
It's probably because of how the metal regs turn into a bunch of little girls when something they don't like gets posted in their forum.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Well, influences also shouldn't really play a part in deciding where bands go. It took me years to get the Deathcore thread open in the metal forum, even though most of the deathcore "pioneers" were all either Gothenburg melodeath or Cannibal Corpse and Suffocation fans. All of the "kinda proggy, but not really"core goes in here, it's just the way of the forum.

Seriously, how good are Corelia though?
NEW MUSIC! They released a new clip concerning the LP. They've also been playing a couple new songs live. I know shitty live videos are nothing to go off of but my God are they tight as hell. It makes me mad that they played a show 10 minutes away from my house for only $10 and I skipped it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6o5CDtyJnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss1B6GDUjTU
I've been rocking Nostalgia since it came out. It's super good. I could imagine that their live show might suffer if only because they are such geniuses in the studio. I would compare this band more to Spiral Architect than to Periphery, but tbh I'm quite surprised how many people in this thread are bashing the band. More talent going on here than 90% of the progressive music scene. I'm pumped for the next thing they put out (which should be this year), even though the one live video of a new song that I saw did not sound better than any of the tracks on Nostalgia. It's freaky how young everyone in this band looks.

Though I'm not entirely sure why this thread is in the hardcore section as opposed to metal.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
It's probably because of how the metal regs turn into a bunch of little girls when something they don't like gets posted in their forum.

^^
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Page 1 of 2