i finally stumbled accross my 'clean' amp a few months ago, and haven't really messed around with the dirt and it didn't sound great. the amp is an 80's-90's Ampeg 70 watt hybrid with acutonics reverb tank. the cleans are like a perfect mix between a JC and a twin. just about perfect.

i want a disortion pedal to run into it as like an 'amp in a box' type thing. i don't like the h&k tubeman, or the blackstars, the wampler triple wrec is pretty nice, but i really don't know.

i am looking for something sludgey, no trebelly/shrill fake feeling distorition pedals, i want one with some balls. i would also like something that would be fuzz friendly.

i am running it into a 4x12" of K85's (same as K100's)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have the triple wreck, it's incredible and should do everything you are seeking and then some.
Quote by Grawgos
I have the triple wreck, it's incredible and should do everything you are seeking and then some.

have you messed around with that + fuzz?

i know the TW is awesome i played on one a while ago, but my ear has developed even more since then, and my memory isn't exactly the best.

i was just listening to demos, and i like about half of them, but the ones i don't like are probably due to using them with a crappy amp or something or just crappy EQ'ing like a lot of people do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
have you messed around with that + fuzz?

i know the TW is awesome i played on one a while ago, but my ear has developed even more since then, and my memory isn't exactly the best.

i was just listening to demos, and i like about half of them, but the ones i don't like are probably due to using them with a crappy amp or something or just crappy EQ'ing like a lot of people do.

HAHA, I totally agree with the vids. I had been searching for a dirt pedal that would end my search for a dirt pedal and I had watched vids of the triple wreck many times and dismissed it everytime due to some of those vids. After a long debate in my head, I finally decided to get it and I love it.

I don't have a fuzz, so I don't know how it will react with it. But the boost button on the Triple Wreck adds a fuzz element to the sound, but I just don't know how fuzzy you want it, so I can't say it will meet your needs on its own.

I do know that it meets all of my needs and I don't look at distortion pedals anymore. The sound is nice and thick, with a ton of bottom end, yet remains articulate. It's an awesome pedal.

I guess I can confuse you a little more and recommend you look at the Okko Dominator and the the Emma Psydiwot. I was looking at the Weehbo Morbid drive too when I bought the TR, but it was removed my list due to no US dealers and weak dollar.

Good luck in making your decision.
Quote by Grawgos
HAHA, I totally agree with the vids. I had been searching for a dirt pedal that would end my search for a dirt pedal and I had watched vids of the triple wreck many times and dismissed it everytime due to some of those vids. After a long debate in my head, I finally decided to get it and I love it.

I don't have a fuzz, so I don't know how it will react with it. But the boost button on the Triple Wreck adds a fuzz element to the sound, but I just don't know how fuzzy you want it, so I can't say it will meet your needs on its own.

I do know that it meets all of my needs and I don't look at distortion pedals anymore. The sound is nice and thick, with a ton of bottom end, yet remains articulate. It's an awesome pedal.

I guess I can confuse you a little more and recommend you look at the Okko Dominator and the the Emma Psydiwot. I was looking at the Weehbo Morbid drive too when I bought the TR, but it was removed my list due to no US dealers and weak dollar.

Good luck in making your decision.

yea, for every good vid i hear, there are two bad ones. i don't trust my memory though. its good to hear that from you.

the main thing is that i want massive bottom end thick hit ya in the nuts bottom end you can get out of the amp in the box. also since this is kind of a periphral rig, i don't want to spend much more than a TW is used.

the fuzz thing is just kind of experimental, so i am not overly concerned, but i think i will be picking up a musket fuzz. i could use a decent fuzz.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by ethan_hanus
DS-1 Keeley modded? Just sayen, start looken outside the box.

I prefer the amps natural distortion though, so if you could somehow EQ or make the best use of it you'd prolly be happier.

i also like amps natural distortion 99% of the time, but this is a side rig and i want to do something different. the distortion on the amp isn't terrible, but from what i have heard some pedals do, it would be better clean. those cleans are indeed stellar. its kind of an experimental rig. i will have all sorts of pedals in the loop, and a fuzz and the right dist pedal up front, i just want to do something different.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Out of left field, how about one of those Rocktron Silver Dragon things? I had a brief play around with one a few months back and it was pretty cool, being able to use a mix of the valve OD side and the SS side was a nice touch and you could get some pretty monstorous tones out of it. Might be a little smooth for what you're after but worth a look maybe?
Btw, did you get that PM I sent you the other day?
Quote by bogg808
okko dominator is the only distortion pedal you should be considering

I saw that commin a mile away.

I don't think you could wrong with either the TR or the dominator. Although some might say the openhaus beats both of them. It's all going to come.down to your personal preference though.