Hey Guys, I am going to regretably ask that annoying noob question, but here goes...

What is the best (yeah i know the best is the best one for me yada yada yada, but i have NOWHERE to try many out at all, the UK sucks, and so does my town) amp that i can get for around £300. Maybe i could stretch to about £400, but would be a real push.

I'm loking for something with a good clean chanel, this is the priority, but needs to be able to handle distortion well too.

If there is anything cheaper, that would be a bonus, but I spose you only get what you pay for in this life.

so, £300 - £400, tube or solid state, good cleans, about 30watts?

Much appreciated, thanks.
not where i live haha, thats why i rely so heavily on the trusty members of UG haha
Fender Blues Jr sounds amazing IMO. I got mine used for $300 or $350. You can probably get a new one for $450 (not sure in £. Its only 15 watts but its a loud 15 watts. I've never gigged with it though so if I don't know if its powerful enough for that I guess you could always mic it through a P.A.
Then there is the Blues deluxe which is 40watts but may be a little out of your price range depending on U.K. prices.

What kind of music do you play?
Gear:
Gretsch Electromatic
"Partocaster" H-S-P90
Schecter Omen6 – Seymour Duncan '59 & JB
Fender Blues Jr.
92 MIM Fender Jazz Bass
Ovation Celebrity
Tempo classical
Martin D-28

Check out my guitar blog Electric String Cheese
Laney VC30 but if it doesn't have to be specifically 30 watts then a Vox AC15
Nah doesn't have to be 30watt i'll check around for prices, any other suggestions welscome, and thanks
Quote by rcurcio
Fender Blues Jr sounds amazing IMO. I got mine used for $300 or $350. You can probably get a new one for $450 (not sure in £. Its only 15 watts but its a loud 15 watts. I've never gigged with it though so if I don't know if its powerful enough for that I guess you could always mic it through a P.A.
Then there is the Blues deluxe which is 40watts but may be a little out of your price range depending on U.K. prices.

What kind of music do you play?

Alexisonfire, City and Colour, Newton faulkner, Foo fighters nothing too heavy
If you can hold off for a little bit and save some more money it might end up being worth it in the end. My second amp I ever bought was this 120 watt solid state Crate amp for like $350 and I never realized just how terrible the thing sounded until I got my little Blues Jr. I would have been better off if years ago when I bought the Crate I had waited a bit more and saved more money and bought a tube amp to begin with.
Gear:
Gretsch Electromatic
"Partocaster" H-S-P90
Schecter Omen6 – Seymour Duncan '59 & JB
Fender Blues Jr.
92 MIM Fender Jazz Bass
Ovation Celebrity
Tempo classical
Martin D-28

Check out my guitar blog Electric String Cheese
well, i can see a voxac15 for £230, and it's tempting

fender blues jr are about $450
Save the money and buy a Roland Cube 30XL
Or buy a model that has higher output.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I've got a Peavey Valveking that I'm looking to sell, pm me if you want Generally Valvekings, Blues Jrs. are good, I tried a Marshall Class 5 the other day and it was sweet, but maybe a bit small for you. Also if you're a fan of solid state the Line 6 Flextone is hard to beat for the price; I saw one go for £100 on eBay the other day.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55