MILF Tease
I like the progression in the negative comments
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I like the progression in the negative comments

We live to serve your craving for entertainment.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
If it was free I'd pay them to not give it to me.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by NHECOS
We live to serve your craving for entertainment.

We more than live to serve your craving for entertainment.
Quote by al112987
Probably an OK guitar. I like the 2 p-90 les paul specials.

Look!!! Below his avatar... Mr Sarcastic LOL.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
@nearly everyone who posted in this threa:

incase you guys didn't notice (i think al is the only one who did), this is not one of those cruddy plywood pieces of junk. it's a different model with the misfortune of having the same name.

it's a completely different guitar with a mahogany body, set neck, 2 P-90 pickups etc.

so actually make sure you know which guitar you're talking about before you start the hatin' plz
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube

incase you guys didn't notice (i think al is the only one who did), this is not one of those cruddy plywood pieces of junk. it's a different model with the misfortune of having the same name.

it's a completely different guitar with a mahogany body, set neck, 2 P-90 pickups etc.

so actually make sure you know which guitar you're talking about before you start the hatin' plz

Quote by Blompcube

It's still not a very good guitar. I've never played an Epiphone LP below a Standard which I've liked. The Standard on the other hand is a very good guitar, providing you can find a decent one.
Quote by cac1389
so is this guitar any good ive also seen an ibanez rga32

It is a great deal, IMO

If it feels good to your hands
if it sounds good to your ears
if it looks good to your eyes
and if it fits your wallet
buy it !
no one round here sells ibanes or most named stuff, thats why im looking online
Quote by CrazyPigeon
It's still not a very good guitar. I've never played an Epiphone LP below a Standard which I've liked. The Standard on the other hand is a very good guitar, providing you can find a decent one.

it's all very well to say you've never played any epi LP 'below a standard' that you've liked, but have you actually played one of these?

i've played a few of them and the only thing that makes the model in general "below a standard" is the model name hierarchy. the quality is about the same, but it's more of a "bare-bones" type guitar. of course, that's a sweeping generalisation considering that the quality varies within the same model quite a lot with any guitar, as well as little differences you're likely to find from one individual guitar to another that you may like or dislike. but my point is, they are typically on the same sort of level as a les paul standard, quality-wise.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by cac1389
no one round here sells ibanes or most named stuff, thats why im looking online

you should be able to send it back if you don't like it
screams cheap....Pass...

and its a lowest end EPIPHONE....

:rollseyes:
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
You can get a used Epiphone LP Standard for pennies. The mid 90s ones were considerably better as well. I've had two; both costing under £150.
Quote by Controlpanel
screams cheap....Pass...

looks pretty badass to me.

don't know where the hate is coming from.

just because it isn't a sheckter or agile expect EG to be all h8 h8 h8...

i'm with al and blomp, could be a winner in my opinion.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
ive got 200 to 350 pounds to spend if that helps anyone with suggestions
Quote by Controlpanel
screams cheap....Pass...

i've already pointed out that it is not a bottom of the line epiphone... twice. i give up

zomg itz teh sux becaz epephone special iz specal lyk reatarted and iz 4 dumb faggitz hu lissen 2 fallout boy. get an shecktar wivc teh KOIL TAPZ. reaaal propar qaulity geetar wiv hi=end feechurs lyk abbalon inleyz!

^^ what type of music do you play? what's your current rig?

^ yeah UG will do that to you sometimes.

Quote by Blompcube

+1

i haven't tried the special but i tried the old '57 junior reissue a couple of years back and it was pretty nice for the money. it was, as you say, of similar quality to the standards, just stripped down a bit.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not saying it's an amazing guitar. But it's likely to be decent enough.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh ok

washburn x50 pro is pretty good for the money (£350), it's hard to beat in the uk, but it does look a little more "metal", fir want of a better word.

yamaha has a new pacifica coming out with a bridge hum and neck p90... might also be worth a look...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Controlpanel

No... it's not.
Quote by cac1389
where are you finding that washburn x50 for 350

i'm guessing thomann.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
GAK

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/washburn-x50-pro-quilted-caramel-burst/16889

it's a 'little bit' different to that epi, though, but pretty good value if you're just looking for a nice versatile guitar to do the job as opposed to something a bit more specific.

how did i not see that on gak,
im not looking for any specific brand just something decent.

cheers for the help
Last edited by cac1389 at May 25, 2011,

That's what happens when you don't click the link.... Anyways, I've never played this model. I tend to dislike most Epiphones. I HAVE played the Washburn X50, and it's a great value. Very solid guitar.

But what genre are you playing? Because we really can't help you pick a guitar that fits your needs if we don't know what you need it for.
Quote by Blompcube
GAK

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/washburn-x50-pro-quilted-caramel-burst/16889

it's a 'little bit' different to that epi, though, but pretty good value if you're just looking for a nice versatile guitar to do the job as opposed to something a bit more specific.

yeah gak

i think i found it on another site for £350 too but i can't remember which one it was
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Washburn could definitely pull those off, but I'm pretty sure that a MIM HSS strat would be a better fit.
maybe...

MIMs aren't all that great value here, though. I mean you can get an MIJ tokai gs100 (basically a strat copy with a strangely-shaped scratchplate and gotoh/wilkinson vs100 trem) for £350 or so... if anything the MIMs are normally more than that.

though the ones that i've seen for sale were only the SSS model (they do an HSS model, just I've never seen it )... I'd agree with you that HSS is better for what he wants, not sure how the tokai is routed. On the more vintage-style copies they're SSS-routed, so I wouldn't want to be sure it's already routed for a bridge hum like a lot of the fenders are...

if it is, though, that's what i'd go with- stick a tonerider or irongear hum in the bridge and you'll have a great guitar for well under £400.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's probably a decent guitar, but how come it says there's only one tone and volume knob in the specs, but there are two in the picture?
Page 1 of 2