Hello pit,
I've been given a government grant to start a business this summer and I'll be given guitar lessons in my clients homes. This is the list of everything I'll be buying for teaching. If anyone could recommend anything else they found helpful when learning/teaching guitar it would be greatly appreciated.
Acoustic Guitar
Extra String
Tab Books
Instructional Books
Slide
Capo
Quote by ProtestPirate
Hello pit,
I've been given a government grant to start a business this summer and I'll be given guitar lessons in my clients homes. This is the list of everything I'll be buying for teaching. If anyone could recommend anything else they found helpful when learning/teaching guitar it would be greatly appreciated.
Acoustic Guitar
Extra String
Tab Books
Instructional Books
Slide
Capo

Take Obama's money and run with it.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
why do you need an acoustic? shouldn't they have their own guitar?

also, if i break my guitar string when shredding scales, will you give me that extra string?

also, can you give me lessons in the summer?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Do what he does on School of Rock and give them CD's to copy for homework.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by ProtestPirate
Hello pit,
Acoustic Guitar
Extra String
Tab Books
Instructional Books
Slide
Capo

At least another 5
Notepad and pen/pencil to jot down things for them to go away and learn is always a good idea.
Check out my fitness blog here
The only thing you need to do is keep one class in front of the kids.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
mm i'd say make sure you have a lot of paper. some people jsut need drawing diagrams and whatnot... so that, and pens/pencils. if it was your place, it'd be cool to have a white board.
im an experienced teacher already but still can't afford one for me the cheapest one costs about 150 bux. which is like way expensive for my country
sheets of paper with blank music staff and/or tab lines so you can write things out. probably also a cd player so you can listen to things, but I assume you have one of those already.
[]
shouldn't you be buying clothes too?

naked guitar teachers distract me from the music
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by ProtestPirate
Hello pit,
Acoustic Guitar
Extra String
Tab Books
Instructional Books
Slide
Capo

Guitar stand or case. They will DEFINITELY come in handy.
Case might be better - you can lay your guitar down inside it when it's not needed AND you can use for transport.
Bring picks. Students WILL lose theirs. Make sure you get them back!
Buy some cleaning fluids to clean your guitar when you get back home. Student's homes may be dirty :p

Also, write down some technique exercises.
E.g. a simple chord progression exercise that focuses on chord changes.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!