Hey guys, I'm 17 today and I'm planning on getting a half-stack... Only problem is, I don't know which to get =

The worst part is that my budget is really low; about £180 for both head and amp (I'll be getting it second hand off eBay or something I believe)... =/

Also, I live in the UK so sites from the US or whatever might be a bit of a problem.

I think I've mentioned everything... If you have any questions let me know ^^

Thanks in advance people! =D
oh boy.

/inb4youdon'tneedahalfstack

thrash huh?

why a half stack again?

gig? or just playing at home?

what are the options?

ever consider a combo?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 23, 2011,
Bugera makes tube amps that sound pretty good. Other than that Marshall all the way.
Quote by cdayrocks
Bugera makes tube amps that sound pretty good. Other than that Marshall all the way.

On a budget of £180? I think not.

I don't know what the used market is like over there, but maybe a used Peavey ultra or xxx, jsx would be good too but I doubt you'll find one in your price range. Bugera is good on a budget too.

If you're not playing in a band I'd wait and save up a bit more.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Well, buying a tube amp second hand isn't always a good idea. You never know it's history and that can be quite troublesome. I've had some mayor problems with a secondhand tube amp myself and the repairs and the price I paid are as much as my new amp.

So I'd say, maybe save up or get a good combo instead.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
@ budget.

Good luck to you, sir!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.