Page 1 of 2
So i am going to graduate next year and I am not really sure about what i want to study. So now i was thinking about joining the Airforce, it seems pretty reasonable as one gets a quite high pay from the beginning on and also gets a free university education. What would be some laws/cons besides the risk of war to join the airforce?
Cons - you probably won't get to fly any planes
Pros - free University, job opportunities if you stick with it, wouldn't look too shabby on a résumé.
Quote by Kumanji
It's pretty tragic that being a state-sanctioned murderer is the most attractive option for a lot of young people, especially in a time of economic crisis and high unemployment.

you're giving the Air Force far too much credit
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Kumanji
It's pretty tragic that being a state-sanctioned murderer is the most attractive option for a lot of young people, especially in a time of economic crisis and high unemployment.

You dissing me?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Air Force is on the ground first, at least in the American military. Also, it doesn't look too shabby on a resume, but it also does. Many, many veterans have had issues finding jobs, because many people think that there's something wrong with soldiers, as if they all have mental problems. It's sad, really.
Quote by Woffelz
You dissing me?

Ignore him, he likes attention
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Spud Spudly
First you should know that Air Force is two words, but I guess they'll teach you that.

Well i am sorry but i am not a native English speaker just as many other people on this site and i would be joining the German Air Force anyway so that wouldn't really matter then.
Quote by Kumanji

I can tell you're a young dumbass without even looking at your profile.

Learn the basic difference between defense and murder. Your disrespect is sickening for those who defend the very freedoms you take advantage of when you vomit your garbage here on these very forums.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Quote by Twist of fate
Learn how to sing the song.

NOthing'll stop the US air fooooooorce!

in the key of A

And then read the post directly above this
I don't think they'd appreciate that song very much.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

How good is your vision? A friend of mine failed her eye test to join the RAF pilot training scheme and she was devastated.
Nah dude, you should join the navy, because
In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

They want you, they want you
They want you as a new recruit

In the navyyyyy

you can have gay sex if you so choose

Quote by Trowzaa
And then read the post directly above this
I don't think they'd appreciate that song very much.

We won the war, they better appreciate it.
Last edited by Twist of fate at May 23, 2011,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
How good is your vision? A friend of mine failed her eye test to join the RAF pilot training scheme and she was devastated.

well i haven't had any troubles with my eye sight but both my parents have glasses, not sure if that is passed on genetically though.
Quote by Tangerineseeker
well i haven't had any troubles with my eye sight but both my parents have glasses, not sure if that is passed on genetically though.

You have to be practically blind to not be able to join, and even then corrective surgery is an option.

NOW TO FLY - which I'm assuming she meant, I believe you have to have almost perfect vision

Edit: just realized you're not from US so I may be wrong here.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Last edited by guitar nubsauce at May 23, 2011,
Quote by guitar nubsauce
You have to be practically blind to not be able to join, and even then corrective surgery is an option.

NOW TO FLY - which I'm assuming she meant, I believe you have to have almost perfect vision

Good detective skills Columbo, what gave me away?

Was it when I said she applied for the pilot training scheme?

Quote by Tangerineseeker

I'm not sure if it's genetic, you could try though.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at May 23, 2011,
Quote by guitar nubsauce

Learn the basic difference between defense and murder. Your disrespect is sickening for those who defend the very freedoms you take advantage of when you vomit your garbage here on these very forums.

We've met before. I thought you were a twat then, too.

I know that most soldiers are honest, proud individuals who go into the armed forces looking to defend the land that they love - and those aspirations are twisted and abused. They play right into the hands of the unscrupulous power brokers who wish to defend their own interests, not those of the people.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Yeah, I read it quickly and it didnt even register.

You're a nice person, it's obvious why you have tons of friends and don't spend all day on UG posting.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Oh Suzie, yer such a darlin'!
Quote by guitar nubsauce
Yeah, I read it quickly and it didnt even register.

You're a nice person, it's obvious why you have tons of friends and don't spend all day on UG posting.

You're doing it wrong. Call her "sweet cheeks." It'll get a better reaction.
Quote by Kumanji
I know that most soldiers are honest, proud individuals who go into the armed forces looking to defend the land that they love - and those aspirations are twisted and abused. They play right into the hands of the unscrupulous power brokers who wish to defend their own interests, not those of the people.

I agree with you on all of these accounts, but fail to understand why you would call them "state sanctioned murderers". To be a "murderer", in my opinion, you must know you're slaying the innocent. If you're misguided, blinded, or falling for trickery from "unscrupulous power brokers", that does not make the soldier a murderer. That is being misled into the darkness, and I would not call it willingly, so I will never say it's murder on the soldiers behalf.

That's why I resent your idiotic statement.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Last edited by guitar nubsauce at May 23, 2011,
Quote by trueamerican
Air Force is on the ground first, at least in the American military. Also, it doesn't look too shabby on a resume, but it also does. Many, many veterans have had issues finding jobs, because many people think that there's something wrong with soldiers, as if they all have mental problems. It's sad, really.

Wat.
My God, it's full of stars!
I am dead serious when I say this, but, good luck. They're cutting back hardcore right now. It's actually kinda difficult to get a job in the USAF right now.
Quote by trueamerican
My friend in the AF told me that

He was wrong. They're the first ones to fly over and drop bombs, but if they wind up being the first on the ground, chances are they fucked something up.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
ITT: We play: "Spot the stupid rhetoric".

TS: What do you want to do in the airforce? Airman? Engineer? Or the lowest position - pilot? Why the air force in particular? Why not another military branch? Is aerospace a special interest of yours?
Last edited by LordBishek at May 23, 2011,
Quote by LordBishek
ITT: We play: "Spot the stupid rhetoric".

It's EVERYWHERE!!!
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It's EVERYWHERE!!!

It's spread out evenly so that all people may partake in the glorious people's rhetoric and hyperbole revolution! Incite an atmosphere of sensationalism today! Ring your local commisar on 555-243...
Quote by Kumanji
We've met before. I thought you were a twat then, too.

To be honest, even though I'm a bit of a hippie, I've thought about joining the army before. Mostly because I like outdoorsy things and I hate the idea of a conventional 'career'.
Hokay, so we are meant to be talking about the pros and cons of the Air Force. Kumanji, your post had no point in this discussion. The guy said he was thinking about joining the air force. Why can't we all just be nice and stick on topic yes? That goes for everyone.

Pros: planes, flying, free uni, pay is good, and the dress uniform is by far the smartest, apart from the UK household cavalry that is. There are lots of posts other than pilot in the air force too, so if you can't be a pilot, you can still join (engineer, translator, intelligence, ground protection, gunner etc)
Cons: minor chance of being killed. If you crash you WILL be killed. Need near perfect eyesight, if not perfect, to be a pilot.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Tangerineseeker
Well i am sorry but i am not a native English speaker just as many other people on this site and i would be joining the German Air Force anyway so that wouldn't really matter then.

Luftwaffe is one word. Tell him to kiss your ass. That's 3 words.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Dawginator
Hokay, so we are meant to be talking about the pros and cons of the Air Force. Kumanji, your post had no point in this discussion. The guy said he was thinking about joining the air force. Why can't we all just be nice and stick on topic yes? That goes for everyone.

Pros: planes, flying, free uni, pay is good, and the dress uniform is by far the smartest, apart from the UK household cavalry that is. There are lots of posts other than pilot in the air force too, so if you can't be a pilot, you can still join (engineer, translator, intelligence, ground protection, gunner etc)
Cons: minor chance of being killed. If you crash you WILL be killed. Need near perfect eyesight, if not perfect, to be a pilot.

Hey, how about some CORRECT information while you're at it?

Crashes aren't anywhere near 100% fatal. Furthermore, you do not need near perfect eyesight to get in, and even if you don't have perfect eyesight they allow for correction. i.e Glasses/Contacts
Quote by axethrower13
Hey, how about some CORRECT information while you're at it?

Crashes aren't anywhere near 100% fatal. Furthermore, you do not need near perfect eyesight to get in, and even if you don't have perfect eyesight they allow for correction. i.e Glasses/Contacts

You just crashed a multi-million pound piece of equipment. Even if you survive the crash... you're not going home in one piece.
Quote by gabcd86
You just crashed a multi-million pound piece of equipment. Even if you survive the crash... you're not going home in one piece.

lol
Quote by guitar nubsauce

Here we go again. Whose freedom are they defending? Because his freedom isn't being attacked if he's American...unless he lives in Afghanistan.
Page 1 of 2