I have a couple VOX pedals; Ice 9 Overdrive and the Time Machine, both I love minus one detail; the knobs all turn way too easily. I always find I'm changing the settings by accident every time I switch them on or off with my foot. They have the big chickenhead knobs so they're pretty easy to hit. Is there any way to tighten them so they require a bit of force to twist them?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I'm pretty sure the resistance on the knobs is due to the pots and how they are constructed. I'm not sure if there is something that can be adjusted in the pot itself, but needless to say, it would be a major job.
Pretty sure you can't increase the physical resistance on a pot.

One of the main complaints about Dr V pots when they first were released for the Les Paul kits was that they were difficult to turn and people started buying RS Guitarworks SuperPots instead.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by hawk5211
I'm pretty sure the resistance on the knobs is due to the pots and how they are constructed. I'm not sure if there is something that can be adjusted in the pot itself, but needless to say, it would be a major job.

So new pots might be the only way to change it?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I would first try some different knobs. Smaller knobs are gonna be harder to knock off their setting, but its not going to be perfect. It might be enough to work for you, it might not, but its definitely a cheaper solution than replacing the pots.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Umm...

Unless you are particularly concerned with aesthetics, I have taken card stock and cut holes to allow the pot shaft, washer, and nut to pass through, and taken the knobs off and put the card down and replaced the knobs... This gave me something other than the pedal to mark a certain position or setting on.

I imagine the same could be done with a couple layers of card stock so that there is friction with the chickenhead knob.

Certainly much easier than replacing the pots for the average joe.

Another solution would be to put a rubber O-ring or two on the pot shaft so that it is pressed down by the knob against the nut to create friction. This may raise the knob higher off the case...

Or see if a felt washer of the right size will fit under the chickenhead knob...

In other words, see if you can find something to take up some space between the bottom of the knob and the case...
You can remove the knob and put a rubber washer under it, reinstall and tighten it down. This will make it much harder to accidentally move them...

Here's a pic for reference...

http://www.rre.co.uk/Rubber%20Washer%2020mm%20450%20-%20329.jpg
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by LEPIV
You can remove the knob and put a rubber washer under it, reinstall and tighten it down. This will make it much harder to accidentally move them...

Here's a pic for reference...

http://www.rre.co.uk/Rubber%20Washer%2020mm%20450%20-%20329.jpg

I second this, I was gonna recommend this.
you could just pull the knobs off hahah
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Could also quit kicking the knobs...
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Could also quit kicking the knobs...

Big feet+trying to turn the pedal on and off fast, shit happens
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2