Looks like the day for my good old overdrive baby has come... I got it about 2 years ago (used), and it worked great since a couple of days ago. I noticed there was something wrong in the sound... It took me an hour to discover that it was the overdrive pedal. So I thought it was the battery so I bought a new one (yes, I use batteries), but it's still not working right.
The sound keeps becoming a bit weak, but mostly it cuts the highs... Any ideas?
Run towards the light exposing your soul.
^ Yeah but even 1 resistor change can fix that. They are pretty awesome modded.

TS check your cable going to the SD-1's input isn't broke. Also try pushing down on the end of the cable slightly when plugged in that should sort it.
Quote by hawk5211
Isn't that what an SD-1 sounds like permanently? I have always thought that that pedal sounded dreadfully thin.

Yeah it should sound like that, but it doesn't anymore. I meant that it cuts off the highs, they sound like there's no tone at all.

Quote by dannycasevnx

TS check your cable going to the SD-1's input isn't broke. Also try pushing down on the end of the cable slightly when plugged in that should sort it.

I checked the cables too and they're all right.
Last edited by Marius_08 at May 23, 2011,
UP... Should I just get a new one? Anyone can suggest any other good dist. pedals instead of the SD-1?