i has a sad
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
At least the kids will know how to play Angry Birds better better than any other generation since that's the only game that they play
This is great.

Imagine in the future, when kids are even weaker, and the hardest bully at school can barely lift a juice carton. But, because the nerds are even weaker still, they'd still go down like a sack of shit when hit with all the force of a feather floating through the air.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Terrified, weak people are easier to control.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I live on farm. **** yeah farmers tans, sweat, tractors, and strength.
i don't know why i feel so dry
> stage one - kids don't leave the house - even school is accessible at home
> stage two - adults consequently don't leave either
> stage three - dinosaur monkeys slowly dominate the earth without anybody knowing
> stage four - dinosaur monkeys eventually run their own dinosaur monkey businesses
> stage five - all computer services are replaced by dinosaur monkey internet
> stage six - humans leave their homes and get anally raped by dinosaur monkeys
> stage seven - world peace is achieved
> stage eight - dinosaur monkeys don't leave their lairs
> stage nine - alan carr slowly dominates the earth
...repeat
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Well obviously less exercise means strength is likely to suffer, but aren't the jobs children will be doing in the future less likely to require a lot of physical activity as well?
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by maiden_man_666
Well obviously less exercise means strength is likely to suffer, but aren't the jobs children will be doing in the future less likely to require a lot of physical activity as well?

It also means less overall health - physical and mental. Getting your body moving is essential to being a healthy person.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I'll give you my opinion once I rest after typing this.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by maiden_man_666

Ya, until the robots that they had to invent in order to do the manual labour they're too weak to do become self aware and start bullying them for Lunch Money.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Im fairly sure that article applies to 70% of the people posting/viewing this thread.

I mean, I know I certainly stay inside and play guitar WAAAAY more than I ever exercise. The only muscles I regularly exercise are my wrist muscles. (alternatepickfapfapalternatepicking)

That said, I ran a 10k assault course 2 months ago without training (im still a scrawny bastard though and should exercise more
I say we shall soon evolve into being of pure energy
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at May 23, 2011,
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Ya, until the robots that they had to invent in order to do the manual labour they're too weak to do become self aware and start bullying them for Lunch Money.

Dumb ass. Robots don't eat lunch.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by demon.guitarist
Im fairly sure that article applies to 70% of the people posting/viewing this thread.

I mean, I know I certainly stay inside and play guitar WAAAAY more than I ever exercise. The only muscles I regularly exercise are my wrist muscles. (alternatepickfapfapalternatepicking)

That said, I ran a 10k assault course 2 months ago without training -the point still applies though.

Even though I live on a farm, as mentioned, and consequently have to do frequent labor, it still applies to me. I am a lot weaker than my brothers at my age. They built treehouses and cannons and biked everywhere. I read and play guitar.
This is hardly news to me. This decline has existed ever since mankind became dependent on machines and factories in a regard.

Less and less exercise is given on a daily basis as there are elevators, cars, trains, computers yada yada.

That's the reason why people has started to excersise on their spare time more often and intense than before. It's needed to grab the excercise we would otherwise gain by the day-to-day work on the field etc.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Jackal58
Dumb ass. Robots don't eat lunch.

Why would that stop them from stealing lunch money? Maybe money is lunch.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by demon.guitarist

Pretty much no for me - I train for two hours per day during the week, and three on Saturday. That's for something I love to do, though. It's much harder - has been in the past - when I was simply working out to work out. Finding something active you enjoy is the key, and I'm pretty sure there's something everyone could enjoy. It just takes work and effort to find it.

But coming from a person who used to be 320lbs and horribly unhealthy, being stagnant is much more harmful to you than just being physically weaker. It affects just about everything you do and every facet of your overall health, and when you change it, the difference is huge in a matter of a week. The trend of kids spending more time stationary is awful, and it's going to begin really affecting us as a society.

But who can blame the kids, really? They're brought up glued into any contraption that lets their absentee parents pretend like they don't exist. If something's going to change, it has to change parentally first.

Quote by BladeSlinger
I'll give you my opinion once I rest after typing this.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I think a lot of it is the attitude forming among parents. Each generations gets progressively more protective of their children. I climbed trees and rode my bike all the time when I was a kid. If I got scraped or something, a parent would clean it up and tell me to be careful. Now a lot of parents won't let the scrape be a possibility.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Falling of a branch somewhere in '02/'03 gave me a concussion. That stopped me from climbing trees...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
i once fell out of a tree into a bonfire.

also in the future we wont need strength, we will have robots doing all the hard stuff so we can study philosophy and make art (until the machines fight back will all that equal right stuff)
now extra flamey
Quote by sfaune92
Falling of a branch somewhere in '02/'03 gave me a concussion. That stopped me from climbing trees...

Sounds like you and climbing had a....falling out.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
No shit.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Eastwinn
Even though I live on a farm, as mentioned, and consequently have to do frequent labor, it still applies to me. I am a lot weaker than my brothers at my age. They built treehouses and cannons and biked everywhere. I read and play guitar.

Your brothers built cannons? I know kids build treehouses, but I've never heard of one having to be fortified...

It's not like we have to use strength continuously in our jobs either. There are less manual labour jobs now, and more office types than there were previously. The only issue is overall health, but medical care is advancing appropriately to continue caring for them even with their weakened immune systems.
Trained physicist occasionally enslaved by engineers.
I think it's pretty bad, and eventually it will catch up to us. most kids are too pampered and have not worked for what they have gotten. theirs nothing wrong with being born into a good family and having it easy, but at least appreciate what you have, don't just expect to have it
we've kinda been caring more about technology, nice clothes, and other external things rather than developing what we actually are born with (body, brain) for a while. It's kind of at a point where people look at their own health (the most important thing you own...) and just go "uuuh, fvck it"

if i have kids, i'm getting them on a vigorous weightlifting routine as early as possible. Ill never let my kids be lazy and bony looking or fatasses
Quote by Ben506
Your brothers built cannons? I know kids build treehouses, but I've never heard of one having to be fortified...

Oh we build cannons all the time. In fact my oldest brother and I built one on saturday to shoot tennis balls. We have a machine shop on our farm as well, so it's no problem to put it all together.
Quote by piratemetalhead
we've kinda been caring more about technology, nice clothes, and other external things rather than developing what we actually are born with (body, brain) for a while. It's kind of at a point where people look at their own health (the most important thing you own...) and just go "uuuh, fvck it"

if i have kids, i'm getting them on a vigorous weightlifting routine as early as possible. Ill never let my kids be lazy and bony looking or fatasses

You said we were borin with a rather amazing brain. yet you mention technology as one thing we've focused too much on. I don't understand your point.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
One in 10 kids can't hang from a bar?

SMH
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by BladeSlinger
I think a lot of it is the attitude forming among parents. Each generations gets progressively more protective of their children. I climbed trees and rode my bike all the time when I was a kid. If I got scraped or something, a parent would clean it up and tell me to be careful. Now a lot of parents won't let the scrape be a possibility.

You absolutely hit the nail on the head.

Yes, a few kids will get seriously injured, but we're more prepped for that than ever.
Quote by Ikey
i once fell out of a tree into a bonfire.

also in the future we wont need strength, we will have robots doing all the hard stuff so we can study philosophy and make art (until the machines fight back will all that equal right stuff)

1. Your first statement could be the basis for an awesome metal song.

2. Our way of life has not really produced more intuitive people unfortunately. I see philosophy declining since people are obsessed with instant answers/gratification.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
You said we were borin with a rather amazing brain. yet you mention technology as one thing we've focused too much on. I don't understand your point.

i meant being fixated onto technology all day (video games, cell phones, computers, etc), not a huge percentage of people are really so familiar with how computers work and the like

what i meant was that we've grown so obsessed with external symbols, but why not spend your time and energy focusing on developing yourself as a human being?
Quote by piratemetalhead

Your kids won't grow past 5'1'' if you make them do weights that early.

Anyway, I used to ride scooters and do all kinds of physical shit as a kid, now, not so much. The generation we live in is way too protective of their children. You'd probably get punished for climbing a tree.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Your kids won't grow past 5'1'' if you make them do weights that early.

Anyway, I used to ride scooters and do all kinds of physical shit as a kid, now, not so much. The generation we live in is way too protective of their children. You'd probably get punished for climbing a tree.

I really think schools would. Then the kid would fall and the parents would sue the school so the school would cut down all the trees to avoid "possible nature related injuries".
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Page 1 of 3