sounds like a really cool song I would to see it with some vocals and played a bit smoother, also the drums didn't sound that bad to me. Also it might sound a bit better if you turned up the lead guitar a bit, it might just be my headphones but that track seemed kinda low.
I think with a better recording and some vocals this will be a great song, I like the energy in it.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442060
Quote by VforFailure
sounds like a really cool song I would to see it with some vocals and played a bit smoother, also the drums didn't sound that bad to me. Also it might sound a bit better if you turned up the lead guitar a bit, it might just be my headphones but that track seemed kinda low.
I think with a better recording and some vocals this will be a great song, I like the energy in it.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442060

yea right now i am just limited to a usb mic. when i get a job the first thing i'm buying is an audio interface and a sexy mic. and about the vocals i think a friend of mine said he'll want to try that out. thanks for the feedback! i will definitely work on the lead volume
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warned for having the wrong opinion.
this is really cool, you definitely have a bunch of options you can do once you get the vocals in. I also think you should do two takes one with the end were it changes pace and one without it and make it just start there. Very nice
I dig this, I like alot of punk actually. Don't see how it's alternative, it's more pop-punk but on the good side of pop-punk (NOFX). Mixing is kind of muddy and the dist tone distorts too much at times but I guess it gives off a DIY feel but it could be improved upon. Very repetitive without vocals with the same 2 or 3 riffs just going on for most of the song. Drums are really muddy and the kick is a little overpowering and a little too bassy. I did like the break into the second faster part. Overall it was pretty good for a little punk song. Keep it up man.
Last edited by v2a2n2g2 at May 25, 2011,
I'm digging this - it's a shame that it's so noisy in general (no offense). Obviously we aren't all using professional recording equipment - but I feel like you could take care of a good amount of that feedback in whatever multi track program you use. I mean, the song itself is cool, but it's tough to listen to something that has a clipping guitar throughout. Not trying to be critical - this isn't an aspect of your playing. Just recording jazz that I could gripe with if someone forced me to criticize the track. I dug the solo especially.
Quote by cm880999
I'm digging this - it's a shame that it's so noisy in general (no offense). Obviously we aren't all using professional recording equipment - but I feel like you could take care of a good amount of that feedback in whatever multi track program you use. I mean, the song itself is cool, but it's tough to listen to something that has a clipping guitar throughout. Not trying to be critical - this isn't an aspect of your playing. Just recording jazz that I could gripe with if someone forced me to criticize the track. I dug the solo especially.

I'm using a Guitar Hero usb mic, and I can only depend on my laptops speakers to tell me how it sounds, so I take a big gamble on how the actual outcome is going to be. But other then the sound problems thanks
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warned for having the wrong opinion.
Quote by crypticslaughtr
I'm using a Guitar Hero usb mic, and I can only depend on my laptops speakers to tell me how it sounds, so I take a big gamble on how the actual outcome is going to be. But other then the sound problems thanks

Turning your gain way down would be a good start.. same with the volume (pre-mic). You can always turn the volume up in your multitrack software after the fact, but if you have too much gain and volume before the sounds enter the mic it's going to clip and sound crappy and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. When miking guitars, you should do a sound check beforehand and get your amp output as low as it needs to be to prevent clipping and worry about the volume in the mix later.