Hi, I am wondering which guitar is better for metal.
I usually play heavy stuff like,
Avenged Sevenfold
Metallica
Dethklok
Megadeth(sometimes)
and sometimes i make my own stuff
So what would be better for that , Explorer or Les Paul(I know its not cheap)
Also I'm wanting to buy an amp: Roland or Vox?
Neither standard will do metal amazingly. Personally, i'd go with the Les Paul because with the right setup, they cna do virtually anything but that silly quack quack of strats :P The V will obviously suffice though if you put the right pickups in it. Les Paul's are just badass in my opinion though.

For the amp, I would suggest going for something maybe meatier, like a Blackstar or Peavey head and cab
generally explorers would be inclined more towards metal, although les pauls can do it fine aswell. When it comes to amps there are many far better brands for metal such as peavey, engl, some marshalls, bugera etc etc
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
both have been used quite a lot in metal... check out zakk wylde, james hetfield... etc.
---
imo on explorers its easier to hit frets 20-22. they also seem more rock/metal oriented to me, while LPs look more badass are more versatile and more comfy imo
Quote by funky_monk94
id say get a LP and a vox amp. Both are amazing.
Because all the bands he mentioned use Vox amps to get their metal tones?
i say LP, it has darker tones...oh and, which vox or which roland o.0
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
i would say if you're buying them stock, Explorer by a mile. Also, neither amp. Get something more metal oriented. Newer Bugeras are really good
I play alot blues rock. The LP is PERFECT for that. I don't play much metal. Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think is the ideal guitar for heavy metal? Is it an Ibanez or ESP?
I have seen as many southern rock bands with a Explorer as Les Pauls or Strats. There is no such thing as a heavy metal guitar. Operator and amp have more to do with it then anything. That said either will work well for what you want. Play both and buy what feels and sounds best to you.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by shecter guy
i would say if you're buying them stock, Explorer by a mile. Also, neither amp. Get something more metal oriented. Newer Bugeras are really good

No they're not.

I have one.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!