Guitar- Ephiphone SG EX Prophecy

http://www.epiphone.com/prophecy/default.html

Amp- Peavey vypyr 30 (30 watt)

the site below has a really good zoom in on all of the settings

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Vypyr30/

im going to buy 12's and tuning my guitar to drop B and C mostly but i always feel like im not doing something right on my amp because other amps that my friends use always give a deeper less clingy distorted sound.

CURRENT SETTINGS-

STOMPBOX- bypass
AMP- 6505 distorted
EFFECTS- bypass
PREGAIN- all the way up
LOW- all the way up
MID- in the middle
HIGH-at about 70 percent
POST GAIN- a little over half
REVERB- on a tiny tiny bit

i really have no clue what im doing with this amp (or any amp for that matter) so any advice would be appriciated greatly!
turn down the pregain to around 4-5
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Hey man. I use the same type of amp as you but mine is a 75 watt Vyper. I turn my stompbox to bypass, amp to REC or the recording, effects bypass, pregain all the way, low all the way, mid in the middle or a little higher, same level as your high and I think I have a little more post gain for more sustain and overdrive. Reverb I don't really care. The only difference is that I use the REC setting. I use a ESP/LTD MH-400 with emgs too but I tune to C standard. C,F, Bb, Eb, G, C. The lower case b's being flats if it wasn't obvious. hope that helps dog!
If you've ever heard Ruination by Jobforacowboy or More than Conquerors by Impending Doom. Thats why my guitar sounds like with those amp settings. JFAC guitars are tuned like mine and I get the deep sound like ID ESP's.
What I used to do to get it heavy was choose one of the high gain amps but use the green setting with the gain set to a nice heavy crunch, and boost it with the TubeScreamer stompbox, which got nice and distorted but without the hair and fizz. I'd also roll off some bass 'cause they'd get pretty muddy and add some mids for body.
Quote by Dolakkkk
Hey man. I use the same type of amp as you but mine is a 75 watt Vyper. I turn my stompbox to bypass, amp to REC or the recording, effects bypass, pregain all the way, low all the way, mid in the middle or a little higher, same level as your high and I think I have a little more post gain for more sustain and overdrive. Reverb I don't really care. The only difference is that I use the REC setting. I use a ESP/LTD MH-400 with emgs too but I tune to C standard. C,F, Bb, Eb, G, C. The lower case b's being flats if it wasn't obvious. hope that helps dog!

lol it doesnt stand for recording, it stands for rectifier
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
to nutinpwnsgibson- ill turn my pregain down a bit and see what happens. i was never too sure what the difference between pre and post gain was.. or pre/post anything for that matter ha

to mark g- the one i personally used was a line 6 and it sounded much better

to dolakkkk- okay thanks! ill have to try that tonight and ill let you know how i like it. i dont think ive ever used that amp setting

to seref- thank you as well for the reply, ill try that tonight and let you know if i like it
honestly the stock presets on the vypyr sound pretty good. You can def tweak to taste but all really thats needed with the stock presets is to lower the master to around 9 o clock.
Guitars
Amps
*reported*

Ask in the settings thread.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Haha. Thanks man. I feel pretty stupid now for not know what it stands for. But thanks for "rectification." Pun intended.