I've recently come across an offer to get a brand new peavey valveking cab for super cheap. Is this a worthy investment?
No.
A valveking cab is not an investment.
They arent that good and are only worth super cheap prices.
How cheap is it? The cab itself is fine. Peavey makes really good, sturdy cabs. They have some of the most tough, reliable gear that you can buy. It's just the speakers they put in their cabs that really suck.

Which is why it matters how cheap cheap is.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Meh you can usually buy good cabs with good speakers used for less then getting a crappy one and upgrading the speakers
In that case I'd skip it. $300 is way too much for that cab. I payed $120 for my Peavey 412MS. And that is a way better cab than the VK cab.

Quote by coolstoryangus
Meh you can usually buy good cabs with good speakers used for less then getting a crappy one and upgrading the speakers

Depends on where you live. Here a cheap cab and speakers would cost $450 at the end of the day (assuming $150 for cab, and $300 for 4 speakers). A good cab would cost $500 (all used prices of course). So it's about the same.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 23, 2011,
Well I'll pass on that then. Are there any cheaper cabs (must be a 4x12) that are worth looking into? Doesn't have to be the greatest it's my first cab.
next question : why a 4x12?
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
I'd look for a good 2x12 like a used avatar or something.
A good 2x12 will sound better then a shit 4x12..
Last edited by coolstoryangus at May 23, 2011,
Quote by glamourkilledme
Well I'll pass on that then. Are there any cheaper cabs (must be a 4x12) that are worth looking into? Doesn't have to be the greatest it's my first cab.

I would absolutely recommend my Peavey 412MS. Assuming you can find one in the first place that is. They're pretty rare. They usually go for around $150. Unless you can spend $400+ on a cab (which gets you something like a Mesa or an Orange), it's not really worth it to spend a lot on a cab. Might as well get something as cheap as you can, if you can't hit that point initially (hope that makes sense).

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by coolstoryangus
No.
A valveking cab is not an investment.
They arent that good and are only worth super cheap prices.

This.

No one likes Valveking cabs, much less their speakers.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Why do I want a 4x12? I like the way they project and I also need something that can "move air" without being mic'd if that makes sense. The only way I'd use a 2x12 is if I had a road case for my head (use to put the cab on top), which I don't so that kind of leaves that out of the picture.

Also, please understand I'm a kid with no job and I'm kind of broke. So try and understand that money is not something I can just whip out and spend.