hey guys. So, ive been seriously GASing for a PRS for a long time. Found out im getting an $1800 school refund check in october. So i have two choices. Get a PRS CE24 used or get a used SE Custom 24 and a used SE Tremonti or baritone of some kind. Which would you guys go with and why? Thanks!
One great, every time. Doesn't matter what the other two are. Once you already have one solid backup, you don't need more backups.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
depends... two good ones if they're totally sonically different, like a Tele and a jazz box. However, if the only sound you want is a les paul, just get a Gibson les paul instead of two epiphones.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Swannie
depends... two good ones if they're totally sonically different, like a Tele and a jazz box. However, if the only sound you want is a les paul, just get a Gibson les paul instead of two epiphones.

You know what? Forget what I said. This.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
If you gig, and switch tunings while gigging, IMO get 2
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Swannie

Very this.
Swannie nailed it.

In your case, I'd get the one great guitar.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Swannie

+1

And if you are playing in different tunings it will be usefull.. ( i hate tuning 10 times at stage)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bugera Fire Wall Half Stack
^
thanks for all the replies! Dont get me wrong, my Schecters have never failed me, but a solid PRS is pure ear sex i write in drop C# Eb standard almost exclusively. I was thinking two cuz i was considering a baritone or 7 string. Also, i know my name prolly pegs me as a metal head but i actually dont play brOOtz at all lol. I know the CE24 would prolly handle everything i throw at it and will be high quality so it seems like a solid choice. Plus, i love the finishes
Save for a PRS Custom 24 (the actual 24's not SE). You could get a used one for around $1800, for a pretty good quality one at that. Or if you want to save the extra for a new one, that's even better. Trust me, once you play a 24, mostly everything else is a toy
Music must be honest to be timeless.
To me multiple pretty good guitars can make sense depending on how eclectic your tastes and playing are. I have a Schecter Omen 6 upgraded with seymour duncans; a "partocaster" I built with a P-90, strat single coil, and a humbucker; and a Grestch Electromatic. They all sound pretty drastically different to my ear and I love them all. The biggest problem is trying to decide which to play
Gear:
Gretsch Electromatic
"Partocaster" H-S-P90
Schecter Omen6 – Seymour Duncan '59 & JB
Fender Blues Jr.
92 MIM Fender Jazz Bass
Ovation Celebrity
Tempo classical
Martin D-28

Check out my guitar blog Electric String Cheese
im not gonna spend the whole 1800. I have to have money for gas and food and hopefully moving out. If this one works out though i'll start saving up when i move out and start getting ahead. Id love to try a Modern Eagle, but i honestly couldnt justify spending that much
Quote by Swannie

yeah, it depends on the situation.

9 times out of 10 I'd say one great one, but if you're in a situation where you need two guitars (for whatever reason), then the two guitars might make sense.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They're all PRS so you pretty much win either way. I'd agree with everyone else who said to consider the conditions. If you need more guitars to fool around with different tunings, go for the two.
well i already have a two really solid guitars i gig with. I just want something with that prifessional quality and playability. i guess i just like having a lot of guitars haha. Thank God i have a good girl thats cool with me spanding a grand on a guitar instead of her
Get the CE for sure. USA PRSes play way better than import PRSes and you'll look a lot more legit.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Get the CE24 you won't regret it, I have a CE22 and have never regreted buying it it plays like a dream and sounds great for any type of music. I can go from Jazz to drop C and it sounds amazing.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by UnoriginalUsern
They're all PRS so you pretty much win either way.

WUT

the ses don't hold a candle to the real PRSes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?